TV Home Forum

ITV announces new weekend shows

Breakfast at Garraway’s and Martin & Roman’s Sunday Best (February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cando
https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-announces-new-weekend-shows-breakfast-garraways-and-martin-romans-sunday-best

Quote:
TV Entertainment has commissioned two new series for weekend mornings, starting in April.

KATE GARRAWAY and father and son duo MARTIN and ROMAN KEMP will present their own weekend morning shows in two new commissions from Cactus TV - Breakfast at Garraway’s and Martin & Roman’s Sunday Best!

Breakfast at Garraway’s will see much-loved Good Morning Britain presenter Kate Garraway present her own one-hour show every Saturday morning. Kate’s jungle pal, Myles Stephenson, will join her in the studio for the 22 x 60’ series, which will see Kate and her celebrity guests share their thoughts on things to bring joy to the weekend; from what to cook for your Saturday night TV dinner, to what to watch on telly and everything in between.

Kate said:

“I am absolutely thrilled to be welcoming everyone to join me and my sidekick, Myles, every Saturday morning for Breakfast at Garraway’s. We will have everything you need for a great weekend. I will have the best guests dropping by to tell us what they do to make their weekends great and live their best life. I can’t wait to get going!”

Martin & Roman’s Sunday Best! will see the father and son duo present their first TV series together. The 22 x 60’ series, every Sunday morning will be filled with fun, celebrity chat and live music performances. There will also be up-and-coming comedians, games and challenges, with Martin and Roman competing against each other.

Roman said:

“Working with my dad is something I love to do. We don’t live together anymore - I don’t get to see him as often as I used to, so I am so excited to be presenting our own chat show on a Sunday morning, Martin & Roman’s Sunday Best! on ITV. We will have a real variety of guests on the sofa with us every Sunday, I can’t wait to get started!”

Martin said:

“What could be better than sitting on the sofa again with my son Roman! But this time it’s to present our own Sunday morning chat show. ‘Martin & Roman's Sunday Best!’ Brilliant guests, music and stuff to make you laugh. Just another day in the Kemp household. Coming soon! Every Sunday morning. I can’t wait!”

Head of ITV Entertainment, Katie Rawcliffe, said:

“We are delighted to welcome these household names to Saturday and Sunday mornings. They promise feel-good entertainment to get us ready for the weekend.”

Breakfast at Garraway’s and Martin & Roman’s Sunday Best! are Cactus TV productions for ITV. The Executive Producer is Amanda Ross.

They were commissioned by Katie Rawcliffe, Lara Akeju and Leanne Clarke for ITV Entertainment.

WL
W1LL
How many more weekend morning programmes can ITV churn out that are effectively the same programme with a different title/presenter?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Just following a proud tradition of Saturday morning shows that are near enough the same with a new name and new presenters?

Swap Shop/Superstore/Going Live/Live and Kicking
JK
JKDerry
No surprises here as both Kate and Roman did well on I'm A Celebrity last year and so ITV have offered both a nice contract - whether or not these shows will have any impact is nothing, it is worth a try for ITV at a very low cost to them.
JK
JKDerry
I would have liked to have seen Roman host a late night show on ITV as he proved a reasonable presenter on the BBC New Year's Eve show, and I think he would have done good with a music/entertainment late night show on ITV, however it seems ITV have abandoned any idea of proper programming after News at Ten, shame as there could have been an option for Roman and a new show there.
BR
Brekkie
Guess Sara Cox has finished her show then.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Will these shows be at 9:25 or within the Breakfast slot at 8:25 is a Question.

Eventually something will stick. You’d assume people might be bored of Saturday Kitchen Live or Sunday Brunch by now, or maybe they will just watch those shows forever.

The Kemp’s Show seems like it’s got the best shot of working, and it should attract viewers of all ages
KA
Karl072
I’ll never understand why the scrapped Sunday scoop & Sunday Side up. They were both really good shows and genuinely funny especially with Stephen Mulhern.
watchingtv and Ash101 gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
I’ll never understand why the scrapped Sunday scoop & Sunday Side up. They were both really good shows and genuinely funny especially with Stephen Mulhern.

Nobody watched either of them sadly
JA
james-2001
I thought that said Martin & Rowan at first... but Laugh-in was 50 years ago and they're both dead 🤣
AS
Ash101
Jeez.. so in the last few years: Aled Jones, Zoe Ball & Sara Cox have all give this a go. Have any of them held a decent audience?

I suppose the last 2 were unfortunate? In that Zoe went on to get Radio 2 Breakfast and then Sara took over.. only to get Drive a few months(?) later?
DM
DeMarkay
I'm really sick of it always being Cactus TV productions. Apart from Saturday Kitchen, their other formats really are p*** poor. Not to mention their tacky sets.

Newer posts