The Gallery

Ballyboy Asks a Question

Fromerly After Effects Help (February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
As an option you can always to suck the clenching pin tight to the arc thrust. Very Happy

BA
Bail Moderator
Bail posted:
Hi, I’m making a mock for bbc news, how do I get text well the place names to move across?

Download

Here's a quick project file showing how I do my placenames by parenting to a null in 3D space and rotating the null.

Couldn't resist. Built onto Bail's by getting you started with the connecting lines - uses expressions and multiple instances of the 'beam' effect, so will start to test your computer a bit more!

Download

That's a really neat way of doing that, I might steal it. I've got a plugin called "connect layers" that I normally use, it's good in one way because each line is its own element so it's very tweak-able but it creates a ton of layers. Your way is all inside of 1!

I suppose someone is going to ask how to do the globe and hoops now...
BA
Ballyboy
does anyone how to cut the picture into the stripe for the title form up in the 2008 regional look, I know it’s masking just want to nail it lol
Last edited by Ballyboy on 11 February 2020 9:24pm - 2 times in total
BA
Bail Moderator
Download

Hope that helps.
BA
Ballyboy
Legend
MW
Mike W
You may find the current generation of English Regions titles 'easier' to start with.

Lots of CC Sphere!

If it wasn't for the fact the file was a rush job I'd upload the AEP.

Also a little in joke for any 'Doctors' viewers on the site.
Last edited by Mike W on 19 February 2020 9:08am - 2 times in total
BA
Ballyboy
Holy mackerel Martin Anderson would be proud, dude I’m not worthy lol, thx for the tip I’m gonna try it with Northern Ireland, like a wee experiment
MW
Mike W
Holy mackerel Martin Anderson would be proud, dude I’m not worthy lol, thx for the tip I’m gonna try it with Northern Ireland, like a wee experiment

I’ll upload my file once I’ve removed any external footage. There’s probably easier ways of doing it than the way I’ve done it but the principle is the same. That took me about 90 minutes.
HA
harshy Founding member
I need to upgrade the ram on my laptop 8gb is no where near enough for Adobe After Effects Sad
MW
Mike W
I need to upgrade the ram on my laptop 8gb is no where near enough for Adobe After Effects Sad

You could always try rendering it as a kit of parts and bringing things together, that takes a lot of strain off the machine.

Each layer precomposed and prerendered
Ballyboy, harshy and Ne1L C gave kudos
PE
peterrocket Founding member
After Effects is usually quite good with memory - the only issue is the previewing and how many frames you can preview - but even then if you set the swap disk quite high, you should be fine.

An SSD would be a marked improvement though.
MW
Mike W
Here is my English Regions endboard aep - you will need a BBC News logo to replace the one I used, I did use the one from wikipedia.

Have a play with it, it's not 100% perfect but a good starting point and most likely similar to how the original template was made.
Clicky

Place your footage in the footage comp and it'll go through to the others - change the place names to whatever you want. Colours can be altered by messing with the 'redback' comp and some of the solids.

Newer posts