TV Home Forum

BBC Three New Logo

(January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
Stuart
. . . BBC Four dog, too faint and very high up on screen and tight in the corner.

That sounds perfect.
JF
JetixFann450
Any pictures of it? Reminds me of when BBC3 launched a new DOG in 2005 yet Stuart 'Slob' Murphy was defensive about it and called out TV 'geeks' for it.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Any pictures of it? Reminds me of when BBC3 launched a new DOG in 2005 yet Stuart 'Slob' Murphy was defensive about it and called out TV 'geeks' for it.

Rexogamer, bitxoin and JetixFann450 gave kudos
JF
JetixFann450

Wow. When you see that and the BBC logo inserted from iPlayer it sticks out like a sore thumb. Also it just doesn't feel right when the icon animates in, I think they should've had it slide from the right when the full logo is revealed.
AG
AxG
I'm sure that didn't appear on SD.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I looked back at it on iPlayer and there was no BBC logo. Must've only been on HD.
PF
PFML84
The pervious logo was in colour so I suppose this one at least looks nicer but could do with being smaller and tucked into the corner like on BBC FOUR.
TI
TIGHazard
The pervious logo was in colour so I suppose this one at least looks nicer but could do with being smaller and tucked into the corner like on BBC FOUR.

If they have to have a DOG, I don't understand why they don't make the BBC blocks perfectly line up with the blocks that are burned in on iPlayer?

This goes for BBC Four and the scorebar (mainly) for football.
VM
VMPhil
It doesn’t appear on SD or on iPlayer’s live stream for BBC One, so that must be taken from a programme uploaded to iPlayer that’s been recorded from BBC One HD.
TI
TIGHazard
It doesn’t appear on SD or on iPlayer’s live stream for BBC One, so that must be taken from a programme uploaded to iPlayer that’s been recorded from BBC One HD.

It was definitely on the iplayer stream last night. Because I saw this thread and went straight to live iplayer to check before the video was posted in the thread - and it was there during This Country.

Maybe they removed it during the second show?
AG
AxG

It was definitely on the iplayer stream last night. Because I saw this thread and went straight to live iplayer to check before the video was posted in the thread - and it was there during This Country.

Depends on what stream you where watching? BBC One HD, one of the nations or one of the regions? It certainly wasn't present on BBC One Yorks.
TI
TIGHazard
AxG posted:

Depends on what stream you where watching? BBC One HD, one of the nations or one of the regions? It certainly wasn't present on BBC One Yorks.

I have it set to "England" for HD streams.

Newer posts