TV Home Forum

BBC Three New Logo

(January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PF
PFML84
I don't like the II! logo at all, I would prefer them using the full THREE word, but without the omission to make it look like a ! is within it.
FB
FBC
Something just really irritates me with the way they've split the pillar, especially with that slight line sticking out.

Yeah, although I guess that sticky out bit does make it look slightly less like a swastika. Swings and roundabouts, I guess.
PF
PFML84
The ‘new’ logo is being used on iPlayer on my LG smart TV. Still the II! version on the website though.
BI
bitxoin
It's on the iPlayer app on my PS4 as well. Any reason why it's not on the website?
FB
FBC
Same on Toshiba smart TVs. Seems like a very slow/messy roll out.
JF
JetixFann450
Kind of like the rollout of Reith on BBC News online.
:-(
A former member
No change to the Three on One idents either - unsurprisingly, I guess.
FB
FBC
New logo has appeared on a billboard advertising Man Like Mobeen near my house. (An Instagram posted four days ago to promote the same show is still rocking the old one.)
PF
PFML84
Spotted the new logo myself on a print ad on the side of a bus stop.

12 days later

JA
Jake
Massive new logo DOG on BBC One HD now.
TI
This Is Granada
Jake posted:
Massive new logo DOG on BBC One HD now.

Good god thats huge!

This dog, and the previous pink box dog are far too low, need to be higher up on the screen.

Why do the BBC (in particular) have zero consistency when it comes to dogs?

ITV dogs are all in the same position onscreen, same for 4 dogs and C5 dogs (now 5Spike has gone).

With the BBC, you have this huge Three dog, too big and too low onscreen, BBC Four dog, too faint and very high up on screen and tight in the corner. Then you have Scotland and Alba right on the other side of the screen in various positions.

The only time I can recall consistent BBC dogs are the very early digital days when BBC Choice, BBC Knowledge, BBC News 24, BBC Parliament all had the same style white dog, top left, all in the same position and same brightness...not like the current mess we have today.
TI
This Is Granada
The new Three dog on BBC One NI is so much better.

Perfect size and brightness, just needs to be higher up onscreen.
ToasterMan, Brekkie and denton gave kudos

Newer posts