The Newsroom

BBC Newsline

Northern Ireland (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OW
Owen_ploc
Yes, because there are absolutely no bank holidays on the same day every year every December.

Suspect too they used the News 24 studios for Christmas week as well.

The description in the video actually says that it's from the period between Christmas and New Year.

Looks like it was Friday 28th going by Genome, but is that Susannah Reid?

Yep, that’s Susanna Reid
Richard and Lou Scannon gave kudos

60 days later

RE
reubz
Extended Newsline due to news coverage. Freesat suggests there'll be 5 minutes of One Show at 7.15!

...but looking as though extended til 7.30

38 days later

BA
Ballyboy
Specially extended bbc Newsline with local national and international news due to a film earlier from 9-10:30pm, it reminds me of a half hour bulletin ages ago called Newsline extra on BBC choice NI if anyone remembers that
BR
Brekkie
Interesting they've done that - when I suggested at New Year Scotland could produce their own national bulletin rather than take something from network at a different time the feeling was even though they did the Nine that just wouldn't be possible.
TL
toby lerone 2016
Specially extended bbc Newsline with local national and international news due to a film earlier from 9-10:30pm, it reminds me of a half hour bulletin ages ago called Newsline extra on BBC choice NI if anyone remembers that

For anyone that didn't know the film was Lost Lives based on the book composed by 5 NI journalists documenting every one of the 3700 men, women and children killed during the Northern Ireland Troubles. It was a harrowing film and something that everyone should watch and thank God I was born in the 1990s and missed much of it.

Back to Newsline and I thought the bulletin was very good worth the mix of national and local news and sport.

8 days later

PF
PFML84
Some sound issues during Jeff's weather report at the end of this evenings edition, not surprisingly, he seemed quite distracted by it.

52 days later

OW
Owen_ploc
Just when you thought that Gill Sans titles were gone from Newsline, this gem pops up
AndrewPSSP, Anglialad and Ittr gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
That map needs updated Wales today did better on their sequence
OW
Owen_ploc
Well, this didn't age well. Normal titles are back at 6:35.
The screenshot is under the spoiler because it's big.

100 days later

MA
Markymark
No surprises really......

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/mlas-plea-to-bbc-as-77m-belfast-plans-are-put-on-ice-39389631.html

11 days later

AJ
AJB39
There was an hour long Newsline on BBC 1 Northern Ireland this evening until 7.30 covering the death of John Hume. The One Show was moved to BBC 2 Northern Ireland at 7.
CO
Colm
As the old NI News thread has now been archived, I'll share some sad news here...

The death has been announced of journalist and former UTV presenter Brian Black.

As well as the environment brief he became associated - and highly-regarded - with at Havelock House in the 1990s, Brian was the presenter of UTV's 'Counterpoint' in the 1980s, and also worked in RTÉ's News and Current Affairs department.

Thoughts with Brian's family and his former colleagues.
Last edited by Colm on 4 August 2020 5:41pm - 3 times in total

Newer posts