« Topics
Steve Williams2,993 posts since 1 Aug 2008
With the move to Television Centre and with Ant returning after his awful year of hell in 2018 you would have thought 2020, a new decade a new year to relaunch the show and give it a fresh new feel and tone - but no, it is a play safe tactic ITV and the production are seeming to use.

Shame, as I felt there could be a lot of scope for some necessary changes especially since they had a whole year off.

Yes, we are judging by the set look, but I feel they have a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude, and sorry there were a lot of items on SNT which were tired and drained of all fun that needed to be chucked away, otherwise SNT is in danger of going the same way as Noel's House Party did from 1996 onward.

I don't understand this. It's not about what the set looks like, it's what happens on it. It's hardly as if it's a very complex set, it's got space to do absolutely anything on it.
Score, DJ Dave and Brekkie gave kudos
JKDerry2,454 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
I get the feeling when we see it on Saturday night it will be 95% the same as it was in 2018 with just a nod to Television Centre being their home.

It probably helps that SNT is barely on the air during the course of the year, what 7 weeks at most, so it will be forgotten by Easter and Television Centre will be probably used again next year for SNT.

If they were not hosting I'm a Celebrity, I would bet SNT would also air in the autumn - and now since there is no X Factor for 2020, I wonder what ITV have planned to fill the Saturday prime time slot from September 2020?
030293745 posts since 16 Apr 2007
HTV Wales Wales Today
With the move to Television Centre and with Ant returning after his awful year of hell in 2018 you would have thought 2020, a new decade a new year to relaunch the show and give it a fresh new feel and tone - but no, it is a play safe tactic ITV and the production are seeming to use.

Shame, as I felt there could be a lot of scope for some necessary changes especially since they had a whole year off.

Yes, we are judging by the set look, but I feel they have a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude, and sorry there were a lot of items on SNT which were tired and drained of all fun that needed to be chucked away, otherwise SNT is in danger of going the same way as Noel's House Party did from 1996 onward.

With respect, I don't think there's anything wrong with the set or that it needs replacing as a result of Ant's actions. The set is perfectly fine. Besides, the layout hasn't changed too much over the years really (aside from that middle section being added when it relaunched). I'm sure there'll be minor changes with the LED's and the screens anyway.

I feel as though you're really trying to shoot this show down for no apparent reason.
Toasty603 and Jon gave kudos
UTV Newsline
Between the stage and the audience there seems to be more room. I thought they might have changed somethings. Guess it's been an expensive year for ITV.

Remember unlike TLS Studio 1 which has a specially built in audience platform which was unique to that famous studio, Studio TC1 does not have that, and has portable audience platforms used. Also the studio is larger than TLS Studio 1, by around 2,000 Sq Ft larger, so they have a bit more room to use.
UTV Newsline

With respect, I don't think there's anything wrong with the set or that it needs replacing as a result of Ant's actions. The set is perfectly fine. Besides, the layout hasn't changed too much over the years really (aside from that middle section being added when it relaunched). I'm sure there'll be minor changes with the LED's and the screens anyway.

I feel as though you're really trying to shoot this show down for no apparent reason.

Hang on - Where did I say Ant's actions in 2018 has anything to do with the show? I didn't - I just meant after the break for Ant to ease gently back into TV, it could have been time for a bit of a revamp of the show.
030293745 posts since 16 Apr 2007
HTV Wales Wales Today

Hang on - Where did I say Ant's actions in 2018 has anything to do with the show? I didn't - I just meant after the break for Ant to ease gently back into TV, it could have been time for a bit of a revamp of the show.

"with Ant returning after his awful year of hell in 2018".

It's a completely irrelevant comment. I had a terrible December 2018... Perhaps I should re-decorate?
Larry the Loafer gave kudos
UTV Newsline
I am watching The Last Leg now and I can notice the difference slightly between the studios they use - Last week they were in TC1 and now tonight they are in Elstree and the look and angles does feel they are using a smaller studio at Elstree, so I assume Stage 8 or 9?
Brekkie33,848 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Off topic but they also did a better version of a BBC News endboard than the BBC do. The set did quite noticeably feel less spacious.

Back to SNT and although the set is the same I think the backdrop is slightly different due to slight tweaks to the logo. If the set was changing anytime soon this was the time to do it, so as they haven't I doubt that's on the cards.

Great interview earlier with Richard and Judy both with a nod to the history of the set but also with Ant and Dec saying as they've got older they're more settled with what they've got (as in I'm a Celeb, BGT and SNT) rather than constantly worrying about their next hit show, so I think from here on in chances are they'd only do a new show if one of their big three shows came to an end.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Andrew14,245 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I'm sure this isn't just a coincidence, and is intentional, but Channel 5 are showing a documentary about Ant & Dec immediately before the first episode of Saturday Night Takeaway next weekend, which appears to be a repackaged version of the Ant & Dec Story from a few years ago.

ENTERTAINMENT: Ant & Dec: Kings of Saturday Night
On: Channel 5
Date: Saturday 22nd February 2020 (starting in 7 days)
Time: 17:30 to 19:00 (1 hour and 30 minutes long)

Documentary celebrating much-loved duo Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly, who in a career already spanning more than 25 years, have conquered almost every part of the TV schedules, from anarchic children's programmes to some of the biggest shows, including the Queen's 90th birthday celebrations. Contributors include friends, fans and some of the celebrities who have fallen foul of the duo's trademark tricks, or actually found fame through their formats.
(Subtitles)

Starring: John Quinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Reminder: Ant & Dec: Kings of Saturday Night' and 'Category: Entertainment' markers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=231800

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

I’ve just put this on, despite the announcer saying it was ‘new’ and except for a bit talking about this year’s NTA’s at the start, it’s obviously a remake of something from absolutely ages ago

All the ‘recent’ clips are ancient, the talking heads are all people from I’m a Celeb or BGT from about 10 years ago which was obviously recent when it was first made.

It’s also got the most ridiculously cheap title card you’ve ever seen.
Brekkie gave kudos