The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Central does seem to be getting more and more cover weather forecasts from the Northern regions. Ross Hutchinson is covering today from Tyne Tees & Border which he did before very recently.

I still remain hopeful that we may get to see more Emma Jesson as time goes on!

EDIT: Seems that Ross was on the daytime bulletins as Des featured on the Central Floods Special - which for once they've uploaded the whole show here:

Last edited by RDJ on 21 February 2020 11:18pm
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006

30 days later

BA
Ballyboy UTV Newsline
No weather forecaster for EMT or midlands today.
MI
TheMike Central (East) East Midlands Today
All change for East Midlands Tonight:

I wonder if this late bulletin will revert back to the standard look and feel of the other bulletins?
JL
JamesLaverty1925 Central (East) East Midlands Today
All change for East Midlands Tonight:

I wonder if this late bulletin will revert back to the standard look and feel of the other bulletins?

A real shame, I like Nav's presenting style and it was nice to see the East Midlands try something different. Also, there were occasions, particularly when a more serious story was lead, where they started sitting down, so they obviously knew when the walk on wasn't suitable.

8 days later

RD
Amanda Houston doing a pan-regional forecast this weekend. First time I've seen a Midlands wide forecast using the current graphics.
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
Des did a pan regional forecast on tonight's 1800 programme.
Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I think on both the BBC and ITV most regions have now switched to pan regional forecasts.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
RD
Bob Warman in isolation has found an old relic of ITV past In his home and reminisces about a certain 27-hour event in 1988 featuring clips of Central’s effort.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2020-04-01/social-distancing-bob-warman-s-weekly-view/
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
What an amazing insight from the face of the midlands! It's lovely to hear his nostalgia for such a wonderful event.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Great video, even with Bob talking about his packed trunks. I hope that was an empty collection tin Bob took. Very Happy
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Is the backdrop in the vid here the one they're using? Looks very dull and depressing, not what is needed in these times. Other regions seem to have much better generic backdrops.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2020-04-01/itv-news-central-and-coronavirus/
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
RD
Central seem to have updated their generic Newsroom backdrop today, given they’re suddenly using it every day.

It does look much better in my opinion.

Newer posts