The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
98% of the Breakfast presenting team live in London. Louise is the only presenter who is local to Salford.

That's not right, because Dan Walker lives in Sheffield.

So then I assume Dan is among the 2% that doesn't......OBVIOUSLY Shocked
JK
JKDerry
It's probably the Beeb that are keeping them in business after Jeremy Kyle was axed.

BBC Breakfast is made at the BBC headquarters at Dock House whereas Jeremy Kyle Show was filmed at the independently owned Dock10 Studios - BBC has nothing to do with Dock10 Studios.
DO
dosxuk
Which is next door, so probably uses the same hotels.
MA
Markymark
Which is next door, so probably uses the same hotels.

<saddo stalker mode>

Yes, I stood next to him once at the check in desk at the Holiday Inn Meeja City
IT
itsrobert Founding member
OK peeps, who's up for the official TV Forum Charabanc to the Holiday Inn Media City? Tickets available for £15...cheap as chips!

[Joking, obvs.]
RN
Rolling News
We were talking earlier about Bill and Sian. Here's a recent great interview between the pair, on 5 News, where Bill opens up about his prostate cancer:

JW
JamesWorldNews
OK peeps, who's up for the official TV Forum Charabanc to the Holiday Inn Media City? Tickets available for £15...cheap as chips!

[Joking, obvs.]

Only if you bring your vast digital collection of theme music and vamps......I’ll be there!

(Joking too, obvs.)
GE
thegeek Founding member
IIRC -When Sian returned for Olympic Breakfast in 2012, her and Bill were never reunited. She was paired with Chris Hollins and Bill with Hazel Irvine.

They had a one-off reunion on the morning of the opening ceremony. See posts from here - alas none of the captures seem to have survived.
IT

[Joking, obvs.]

Only if you bring your vast digital collection of theme music and vamps......I’ll be there!

(Joking too, obvs.)

Deal! I'll have David Lowe music piped through the coach speakers like muzak.

Anyway, we'd better get back on topic.
Last edited by itsrobert on 18 February 2020 11:06am
JW
JamesWorldNews

[Joking, obvs.]

(Joking too, obvs.)

Deal! I'll have David Lowe music piped through the coach speakers like muzak.

Anyway, we'd better get back on topic.

I’ve got the Chinese Lantern theme music (opening AND close) on my Walkman. I’ll buy some batteries. You can borrow it if you want.
IT
Back to BBC Breakfast, I've recently returned to the fold.

Without going into detail, I've been going through some ups and downs personally this past 6 months or so and one small change I have made is to stop watching Good Morning Britain. I had tired of Breakfast a year or two ago and switched to t'other side. Whilst I did enjoy a change of style, I have realised that I feel as though the programme has made a small contribution to my recent feelings. I hadn't quite realised until now that waking up every morning to vitriolic arguments and bullying of guests and media personalities was subconsciously dragging me down and making me feel wound up in my own daily life. What with all the daily over-the-top coverage of the acrimonious fall out of Brexit as well, it was getting too much.

Last week I decided to switch back to Breakfast and, whilst it's not perfect, it is calmer and more measured. It's actually been quite refreshing to return to it after a break. It makes you realise just how precious the BBC is as a national institution. The balanced and measured service it provides to us all is absolutely vital, especially in these toxic times we live in.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Bravo, Rob. Sending you all the best across the oceans. Xxx

Agree with your presentation comments too: BBC Breakfast isn’t perfect. But it is calmer and more measured than t’other side. For me, personally, it’s the lesser of two evils at 6 and 7am. The general noise (and all that goes with it) on the other channel just doesn’t work for me in the early mornings. I appreciate this is not everyone’s view though.

In WorldLand, The Briefing is the perfect morning mix, albeit doesn’t have local and regional content.

All the best to you! The offer of the Walkman is still there......

Newer posts