TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member

Pretty much every single reply to this is about how she sits next to and enables one of the worst offenders of verbally abusing others.

Good. She is complicit and I'm glad she's being called out on it.
AS
Ash101
Is she though?

I am in no way a supporter of what Piers says/does, but ITV have clearly decided he’s the man for the job on GMB. He’s employed because of his marmite views and opinions on everything. It’s not really Susanna’s place to stop him from saying certain things, that’s his bosses.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Twitter probably isn’t the venue to dish out discipline.

But, as I commented several weeks ago, long before the Alastair Stewart “event”, I find it hard to understand why ITV clearly believes in double-standards.

Alastair, whether we believe he should or shouldn’t have, lost his job over his tweeting. And the ITV management went somewhat public over it.

Yet, Piers Morgan can do what he wants. And appears to go unchecked.

Setting aside all sentiment, bias, favouritism or like/dislike for both Alastair and Piers, I just can’t (and never will) fathom the double standards at play.

It’s bizarre. Tantamount to suggesting that Piers calls the shots and is above the law and is allowed to say what he wants.

It’s bizarre.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Is she though?

I am in no way a supporter of what Piers says/does, but ITV have clearly decided he’s the man for the job on GMB. He’s employed because of his marmite views and opinions on everything. It’s not really Susanna’s place to stop him from saying certain things, that’s his bosses.

When she sits next to him rolling her eyes in a comic fashion, giggling away to his views, whilst taking a paycheck to write a column for the Daily Mail then yes she is complicit.
JamesTV, Custard56 and bitxoin gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
When she sits next to him rolling her eyes in a comic fashion, giggling away to his views, whilst taking a paycheck to write a column for the Daily Mail then yes she is complicit.

Disagree with this enormously - Susanna usually robustly challenges Piers on his opinions, counter-acting his nonsensical arguments with sensible, reasoned points. Do you think Susanna should quit and lose her own voice because of Piers' behaviour? Given that Piers is evidently in favour with ITV at the moment, Susanna going and taking a stand against his behaviour with the bosses is likely to result in her being shown the door. A far less confident broadcaster would in all likelihood replace her, leaving Piers unchallenged.

I do think the current GMB model (and particularly Piers) will face further scrutiny after the events of this weekend though, and I can't really see the show in its current form having a long term future.
Last edited by Aaron_2015 on 17 February 2020 1:00pm
WH
Whataday Founding member
Susanna challenges Piers when it suits her.
DO
dosxuk
Piers says what he does because the bosses want him to say those things, not because other people in front of the camera don't stop him.

As I've said before, if he wasn't doing what the bosses wanted then he would easily be stopped.
JO
Jon
Susanna challenges Piers when it suits her.

Probably when she disagrees with what he says. Like all people I don’t totally disregard anything he says just because it’s Piers Morgan, sometimes he’s right in my view and sometimes he’s wrong.

I’m not a fan of his obvious vendetta against Megan though, which is clearly just that.
Last edited by Jon on 17 February 2020 3:21pm
BR
Brekkie
Twitter probably isn’t the venue to dish out discipline.

But, as I commented several weeks ago, long before the Alastair Stewart “event”, I find it hard to understand why ITV clearly believes in double-standards.

Alastair, whether we believe he should or shouldn’t have, lost his job over his tweeting. And the ITV management went somewhat public over it.

Yet, Piers Morgan can do what he wants. And appears to go unchecked.

Setting aside all sentiment, bias, favouritism or like/dislike for both Alastair and Piers, I just can’t (and never will) fathom the double standards at play.

It’s bizarre. Tantamount to suggesting that Piers calls the shots and is above the law and is allowed to say what he wants.

It’s bizarre.

I do wonder if he has a clause in his contract saying he can't be disciplined for his posts on Twitter or opinion columns.
:-(
A former member
Let’s be honest though - some of the tweets he receives are far worse than the tweets he makes. Getting fed up of the same people saying that we need to be kinder having no problem with Piers and select others receiving abuse.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Let’s be honest though - some of the tweets he receives are far worse than the tweets he makes.

That doesn't make everything alright though. It also doesn't cancel out his decades of behaviour prior to Twitter.
JC
JCB
Let’s be honest though - some of the tweets he receives are far worse than the tweets he makes. Getting fed up of the same people saying that we need to be kinder having no problem with Piers and select others receiving abuse.

You're the useless teacher who ignores bullying then puts the victim in detention after they snap and push back.

Newer posts