« Topics
London Lite11,282 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
I wonder if those criticizing the premise of the channel find it sad that there are three large networks, CNBC, Bloomberg, and Fox Business broadcasting to a single minority community (financiers).

And there's already a news channel that's just for white people. It's called Fox News.

Racist and wrong. The last time I looked Harris Faulkner and Jeanine Pirro were employed by the channel.

I don't think it's racist to claim that Fox News targets largely senior white conservatives while having (only) two black on-air presenters.

I'm sure there are some black conservatives who watch the channel, but it is fair to say who they target and it isn't your average African-American.
WW Update5,081 posts since 6 Feb 2007
I wonder if those criticizing the premise of the channel find it sad that there are three large networks, CNBC, Bloomberg, and Fox Business broadcasting to a single minority community (financiers).

And there's already a news channel that's just for white people. It's called Fox News.

Racist and wrong. The last time I looked Harris Faulkner and Jeanine Pirro were employed by the channel.

Jeanine Pirro's parents are Lebanese. But that's beside the point. I never said anything about the people appearing on the channel, just its target audience. Fox News has established its status as the voice of the Trumpian right, in large part, by fueling the racial resentment of older white conservatives. Its hosts are known for bashing immigrants (including legal immigrants) and for using the language of white supremacists: https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-opinion-programs-white-supremacist-rhetoric-great-replacement-2019-5

In other words, Fox News executives and hosts know who their audience is. And that's the reason why only one percent of the channel's audience is black: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/only-1-of-fox-news-viewers-are-black/

(By comparison, MSNBC's audience is 24% black.)

Fox News is the voice of an aging, overwhelmingly white America that is on its way out but still fighting tooth-and-nail to preserve its privileges in the face of a more open and more inclusive society. That was my (facetiously stated) point.
Last edited by WW Update on 14 February 2020 3:14am
KELGE, seamus and London Lite gave kudos
Spencer (previously Spencer For Hire) 6,112 posts since 13 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

Racist and wrong.

Is that their new slogan?
WW Update5,081 posts since 6 Feb 2007
When I saw Fox Business, when I've been in the US, it was just presenters attacking Obama, Hillary and other democrats... just like the regular Fox News, barely talking business at all.

These days, Fox Business has as much to do with business as the History Channel has to do with history.
james-2001 gave kudos
London Lite11,282 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
From what I've seen of Fox Business. FBN:am is straight business and Mornings with Maria (Bartiromo) is also largely business orientated.

It's the evening output that is largely more of the same stuff you'd get on FNC, Kennedy is more of the same pro-Republican output you'd see on Fox News.