The Newsroom

The Times’ Radio Station after “BBC News Stars”

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HC
Hatton Cross
Nick Robinson won't move from the BBC at least until he has gone through his woefully over ambitious attempt at becoming the first BBC Director General to also give regular time checks on Radio Four that morning...
MA
Markymark
I can imagine people like, Paxo, John Humphrys, Jon Snow, and possibly someone such as John Simpson joining the station, as they are either retired, or likely to do so soon (either voluntarily or not !)
Also, Iain Dale who was shoved sideways off Drive Time on LBC to make room for Eddie Mair, might be a possibility ?
KK
KolonelKlink
Iain Dale who was shoved sideways off Drive Time on LBC to make room for Eddie Mair, might be a possibility ?

I don't think Iain's ego would take a move to a station with potentially very few listeners.

Remember he gave up his role running a successful publishing company just so he could keep doing a daily show on LBC and appear as a panellist on CNN Talk three times a week - only for the latter to be axed a few months later.
Jeffmister and BBI45 gave kudos
JE
Jeffmister

VM
VMPhil
I’m still kind of confused by how low budget Virgin Radio feels despite it being run by News UK and Rebekah Brooks who wanted it to be the number one digital station. Maybe she meant the number one digital station on weekdays between 6.30 and 10.00. Even the website still feels pretty bare bones.
JW
JamesWorldNews
They’d be foolish not to move quickly and snap-up Piers Morgan.
JO
Jonwo

Piers is a bit downmarket for The Times demo
BR
Brekkie

Fingers crossed.
JamesWorldNews, London Lite and BBI45 gave kudos
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

Only just signed new contract unlikely
JW
JamesWorldNews
Brekkie wins the gold star for coming to work today.
KK
KolonelKlink

Random man on Twitter tweets...

bkman1990 and bilky asko gave kudos
KK
KolonelKlink
And 11 minutes later John confirmed it himself:

Last edited by KolonelKlink on 17 February 2020 10:38am
bkman1990 and bilky asko gave kudos

Newer posts