TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February! (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cando
But none of that would stop a lump of cash being transferred between the various interested parties to stick an ITV logo on the side of TC1.

Exactly I don't see anything stopping Stanhope from doing this. BBC Studioworks operate the studios and have zero control over the facade etc.
bilky asko, Jon and dosxuk gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Isn't the facade listed to some extent to prevent any old logo being slapped on it?
CA
Cando
Isn't the facade listed to some extent to prevent any old logo being slapped on it?

No imho
JK
JKDerry
But none of that would stop a lump of cash being transferred between the various interested parties to stick an ITV logo on the side of TC1.

Will never happen. ITV do not have the lease, so why would they? It is BBC Studioworks property under leasehold no matter what they would like. Why would ITV do this anyway in your view?
JK
JKDerry
Cando posted:

Exactly I don't see anything stopping Stanhope from doing this. BBC Studioworks operate the studios and have zero control over the facade etc.

So let me get this straight - BBC Studioworks operate and own under leasehold the studios but you want ITV to slap their logo on the outside of the building ... for what? Just because they run their daytime shows from two of the studios?

ITV have no control over Studio TC1 - just because Ant and Dec are using it, means nothing. ITV Studios are paying BBC Studioworks a fee for using the studio, that is all.

It would be like the BBC slapping their logo over the old London Studios building just because The Graham Norton Show, Have I Got News For You etc were made there - no sense at all.

ITV and the BBC maybe rivals, but both companies know where not to tread on these issues. They are not stupid.
IS
Inspector Sands

No because the logo on there wasn't the original, and if it was listed they'd probably not have been able to take the old logo off
KE
kernow
I'm sure this isn't just a coincidence, and is intentional, but Channel 5 are showing a documentary about Ant & Dec immediately before the first episode of Saturday Night Takeaway next weekend, which appears to be a repackaged version of the Ant & Dec Story from a few years ago.

ENTERTAINMENT: Ant & Dec: Kings of Saturday Night
On: Channel 5
Date: Saturday 22nd February 2020 (starting in 7 days)
Time: 17:30 to 19:00 (1 hour and 30 minutes long)

Documentary celebrating much-loved duo Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly, who in a career already spanning more than 25 years, have conquered almost every part of the TV schedules, from anarchic children's programmes to some of the biggest shows, including the Queen's 90th birthday celebrations. Contributors include friends, fans and some of the celebrities who have fallen foul of the duo's trademark tricks, or actually found fame through their formats.
(Subtitles)

Starring: John Quinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Reminder: Ant & Dec: Kings of Saturday Night' and 'Category: Entertainment' markers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=231800

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
BR
Brekkie

No because the logo on there wasn't the original, and if it was listed they'd probably not have been able to take the old logo off

Cando posted:

No imho

I know nowadays opinion seem to outrank fact but Studio 1 including the facade and atomic dots plus the donut ring are listed.

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1393371
JA
james-2001
I'm sure this isn't just a coincidence, and is intentional, but Channel 5 are showing a documentary about Ant & Dec immediately before the first episode of Saturday Night Takeaway next weekend, which appears to be a repackaged version of the Ant & Dec Story from a few years ago.

Channel 5 repackaging a show? Say it isn't so 😱
CA
Cando

Cando posted:

No imho

I know nowadays opinion seem to outrank fact but Studio 1 including the facade and atomic dots plus the donut ring are listed.

Still no, if ITV pay to call it ITV Television Centre they can
KE
kernow
Cando posted:

Cando posted:

No imho

The fact that it's listed would mean there would be rules about what type of sign could be put up, and they would have to apply for listed building consent.

This is why, for example, that Anglia House in Norwich still has the old "Anglia Television" signage on the front of the building.
TI
TIGHazard
Cando posted:

The fact that it's listed would mean there would be rules about what type of sign could be put up, and they would have to apply for listed building consent.

This is why, for example, that Anglia House in Norwich still has the old "Anglia Television" signage on the front of the building.

For context

Quote:

On 17 June 2009 the Central Ring of the building and Studio 1, noting in particular the John Piper mosaic, central drum with its mosaic tiles, the Huxley-Jones gilded statue of Helios, full-height glazing of the stair and original clock in the Central Ring, received Grade II listed status from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. The 'atomic dots' and name of Studio 1, and the cantilevered porch on its exterior were noted as important architectural features of that building. The Department did not consider the other buildings, including all other studios, scenery block and canteen of sufficient special interest to warrant listing.

Newer posts