« Topics
Guksack4 posts since 29 Jan 2020 new member
HTV West Points West

Not sure if both will make 20 at this rate.

I hope so. 18 years on I love that both channels still have that same old-school on-screen presentation that I grew up with. But more importantly, keeping a stream of mixed content on the TV feels so much more beneficial than when the kids stream indefinite episodes of Paw Patrol from Netflix. Bonus points to the BBC for making many kids programmes that are entirely watchable for adults too.

But I wouldn't be shocked if it all moved online. My kids still find the whole television channel thing very old fashioned when they can't pick and choose what they want at any given time.
Formally "Ornsack". I was too un-active to keep my account alive. I've failed you all.
DeMarkay gave kudos
FanOfTV99469 posts since 6 Nov 2017
Granada North West Today
Deadly 60 is returning to CBBC next week. It’s the first regular series in 8 years. CBBC is returning quite a few programmes recently. Crackerjack, obviously, Deadly 60 now and then a comedy called All at Sea, which aired from 2013-14, began repeating about 9 months ago. I wonder what other programmes they would consider bringing back?

I wouldn't mind seeing XChange come back since it was like a Saturday Morning show on the weekday.

Stay Safe.

You'll Never Walk Alone
iloveTV230476 posts since 29 Dec 2019
London London
Deadly 60 is returning to CBBC next week. It’s the first regular series in 8 years. CBBC is returning quite a few programmes recently. Crackerjack, obviously, Deadly 60 now and then a comedy called All at Sea, which aired from 2013-14, began repeating about 9 months ago. I wonder what other programmes they would consider bringing back?

I wouldn't mind seeing XChange come back since it was like a Saturday Morning show on the weekday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAzrVOKqpk

Realistically, where would it be scheduled? Can’t really see it returning.
DJ Dave1,912 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAzrVOKqpk

It was better when it first started out as a morning show for the school holidays on CBBC TWO and One etc.
gordonthegopher266 posts since 10 Feb 2007
UTV Newsline
If we're going for game show formats... either 50/50 or Best of Friends would be simple formats to bring back if they wanted to.

Double Dare for me, but the rights would probably be to expensive as it is a Nickelodeon format and I think that why Run the Risk was made instead as Nickelodeon was asking to much then.
DJ Dave and peterrocket gave kudos
peterrocket1,438 posts since 5 Sep 2001
They've rebooted Double Dare in the US again recently, pretty much very similar to the original but the selling point is the kids taking part in the early 90s are now the adults taking part in the family version.

Speaking of Run the Risk, here's the Swedish version "Rally Planeten":

gordonthegopher gave kudos
Neil Jones6,163 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today
If we're going for game show formats... either 50/50 or Best of Friends would be simple formats to bring back if they wanted to.

I’d love 50/50 to return, CBBC don’t really have a physical gameshow at the moment and this would be perfect.

Hmm, last time I checked Raven was relatively physical. It was revived in 2017 but I can't be sure if it came back after that first "new" series?
iloveTV230476 posts since 29 Dec 2019
London London

I’d love 50/50 to return, CBBC don’t really have a physical gameshow at the moment and this would be perfect.

Hmm, last time I checked Raven was relatively physical. It was revived in 2017 but I can't be sure if it came back after that first "new" series?

They filmed two series at once and never made anymore. It’s never repeated. It was not a success for them, but they did stick it at 3.50.