TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015
Did GMB have the 30 minute bulletin at 6am on Monday then covering news from the studio, or was it all done on location from 6am through to 9am?

Piers and Susanna started at 6, there was probably about 15 mins max of non-Oscars news all morning IIRC. They should really have had the first 30 mins as a standard show, especially with the poor weather conditions.

They could even have dedicated all of the non-Oscars news solely to the storms, and sent Charlotte on location somewhere to cover it.
JO
Jonwo
I’ve noticed Laura no longer does Fridays as Alex has been doing the weather for the last few weeks
RN
Rolling News
Well ....

Looking forward to it.

Wouldn't it be fun if for a week GMB and Breakfast swapped presenters, ie. Piers and Susanna do Breakfast, Dan and Lou do GMB. Maybe something that could be arranged for Comic Relief maybe?
CA
Cando
Is it just an excuse for the presenters to rub shoulders with A-list celebrities? I guess so. It doesn't seem to do them any credit though as viewing figures go down.

The thing is there was zero A list celebrities involved. They'd have some excuse for the OB if like Good Morning America (ABC broadcasts the Oscars) they had exclusive interviews with the big winners and presenters as they left the stage. But nothing but pointless waffle from has-beens like the Osbournes and Joan Collins.

An ego trip for Piers and the Producers.
itsrobert, Steve Williams and Custard56 gave kudos
IT
Ittr
Goodness me, whoever thought that would make a good set/backdrop at six o'clock in the morning? It looks so dingy and unappealing. Thank goodness the current GMB set is a lot brighter and more welcoming for that time of day. I did kind of like the Daybreak theme music, though.

To be fair, in late 2011 and early 2012, the Daybreak set was made brighter and more appealing - quite a shame it got so quickly dropped in September of 2012 in favour of that horrible yellow-y abomination which lasted for 2 years as well before GMB launched :/
CA
Cando
Well ....

Looking forward to it.

Wouldn't it be fun if for a week GMB and Breakfast swapped presenters, ie. Piers and Susanna do Breakfast, Dan and Lou do GMB. Maybe something that could be arranged for Comic Relief maybe?

I very much doubt BBC News want any involvement with Piers Morgan. Apart from his GMB "persona", there is the publishing of fake Photos of British soldiers torturing Iraqis and then there is allegations of his involvement in hacking. Which Trinity Mirror has paid millions to hush up and keep out of the courts. Not a hope in hell
Spencer, itsrobert and Custard56 gave kudos
JB
JasonB
Did GMB have the 30 minute bulletin at 6am on Monday then covering news from the studio, or was it all done on location from 6am through to 9am?

All on location from 6-9am. They went to
Charlotte for a news bulletin at 6.10, but that was it other than headlines at the top of the hour.

No hour and a half long rant from Piers that morning?!!
ST
Stuart
I'm off work today, so (rather geekily) I was watching GMB on STV just to see when the DOG changed as STV took over during Lorraine.

I expected the DOG-free commercial break to adequately span the 09:25 crossover from ITV Breakfast to STV. However, it didn't and the DOG change happened at 09:24. I didn't think the franchise change had a flexible time.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Did you allow for a slight time delay (or was the clock on screen so it was definitely 9:24?)
Goodness me, whoever thought that would make a good set/backdrop at six o'clock in the morning? It looks so dingy and unappealing. Thank goodness the current GMB set is a lot brighter and more welcoming for that time of day. I did kind of like the Daybreak theme music, though.

To be fair, in late 2011 and early 2012, the Daybreak set was made brighter and more appealing - quite a shame it got so quickly dropped in September of 2012 in favour of that horrible yellow-y abomination which lasted for 2 years as well before GMB launched :/

I think the Daybreak era in general needs to just be forgotten... Zipper Zipper Zipper

However with that said, I came across an old title still from the original Daybreak in 2010 and golly gosh hasnt London changed in 10 years?!

NL
Ne1L C

I think the Daybreak era in general needs to just be forgotten... Zipper Zipper Zipper

However with that said, I came across an old title still from the original Daybreak in 2010 and golly gosh hasnt London changed in 10 years?!

I agree about the Daybreak years but at the same time to censor the past is to disregard it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_oEOdIBOpU
ST
Stuart
Did you allow for a slight time delay (or was the clock on screen so it was definitely 9:24?)

Yes, I am sure the 'digital delay' doesn't last for a whole minute. I used the clock on my laptop and also the Sky banner. There is no on-screen clock during Lorraine these days.

Newer posts