« Topics
TellyTime173 posts since 9 Jan 2017
It's strange that the Sky Documentaries logo is so similar to Sky Witness, with the same black and white design... there are so many other colours that they could have used.

I suspect that they just haven't chosen the colours yet for Sky History & Sky Documentary.

What's 'Sky History' - first I have heard of that?

I don't get what you mean about 'they just haven't chosen the colours' in reference to the Sky Documentaries logo. It exists, and it's black and white.
Lynetwork59 posts since 9 Jul 2018
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
It's strange that the Sky Documentaries logo is so similar to Sky Witness, with the same black and white design... there are so many other colours that they could have used.

I suspect that they just haven't chosen the colours yet for Sky History & Sky Documentary.

I don't get what you mean about 'they just haven't chosen the colours' in reference to the Sky Documentaries logo. It exists, and it's black and white.

Where did you find the logo?
PFMC841,693 posts since 28 Feb 2013
UTV Newsline
Erm...?

Well, of course they have used them now for Sky Comedy, but they didn't ever use those colours before. The channels have always used various shades of red or blue for a lot of their channels. They have rarely used orange and don't think they have ever used purple. Grey and pink were used briefly as well. They have now used yellow for crime and green for nature.
TellyTime173 posts since 9 Jan 2017

Where did you find the logo?

Here: https://q7h8x4g8.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Sky-Docs-sales-proposal-Feb-2020.pdf
JAS844,395 posts since 26 Aug 2010
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Erm...?

Well, of course they have used them now for Sky Comedy, but they didn't ever use those colours before. The channels have always used various shades of red or blue for a lot of their channels. They have rarely used orange and don't think they have ever used purple. Grey and pink were used briefly as well. They have now used yellow for crime and green for nature.
Not in the current style. But both Sky One and Sky Movies were purple in the tombstone era.
Stuart7,406 posts since 13 Oct 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
Ah yes, I forgot about the tomestone colours. Back when Sky had a new look for their channels almost every year. It slipped under the radar.

They only really had 3 different tombstone versions between 1993 and 1997, the latter two were quite similar, but with the 'silk-effect sheet' revealing the logo in the second one.

The following 'egg' series was still quite a unified presentation package across the network, using different colours, but still lasted little more than a year.
From 1998 all the channels started to diverge for the next 13 years, but Sky One/1 was still updated every 2 or 3 years.