The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LS
Lou Scannon
I'm assuming that the header image will also be the backdrop on the studio screens, and that all regions will have something similar as their studio backdrops.

Midlands landmarks in that image appear to include: Pottery kilns in Staffordshire (Stoke on Trent?) / the Iron Bridge at the village of... er... Ironbridge (!) near Telford, Shropshire / Worcester Cathedral / the Selfridges building, which is part of the Bull Ring shopping mall in Birmingham. Not sure what the stuff between the cathedral and Selfridges is though.
MW
Mike W
Particularly like this image from the iPlayer (on SunPol's last programme)

Note the MacOS cursor...

Apparently NW has the same issue!
LS
Lou Scannon
Politics Midlands included an explanation for their basic-looking Twitter profile picture.

It is the underside of Politics Midlands-branded drinks mugs, made by a Staffordshire pottery company!

20 days later

MW
Mike W
Midlands Today showing off their 'split screen' graphic tonight, first time I think I've seen it post 'reithing' - yes it animates.

12 days later

MW
Mike W
Midlands Today had its first 'special' titles tonight, HS2 themed ones.

I'm sorting a capture out before it's removed from the iPlayer.
BR
Brekkie
Ridiculous they still remove news programmes within 24 hours. Don't understand the logic at all - yes, most people will want the latest news but on regional news especially someone might find out someone they know was featured on it and want to try and catch it a few days later.
JO
Jon
Ridiculous they still remove news programmes within 24 hours. Don't understand the logic at all - yes, most people will want the latest news but on regional news especially someone might find out someone they know was featured on it and want to try and catch it a few days later.

I imagine it’s a compliance thing. You might be broadcasting something one day that a few days later is in contempt of court for example.
NB
NicB1971

I'm still baffled as to why ITV regional news has never been added to the Hub yet ITV Wales News get uploaded.
BR
Brekkie
I think even ITV Wales news and programmes only get uploaded to the news site rather than the ITV Hub.
RD
RDJ
I think even ITV Wales news and programmes only get uploaded to the news site rather than the ITV Hub.

Anglia, Channel & UTV upload their evening news daily. And Border has it's regional programmes uploaded.

No idea why other regions don't follow suit.
:-(
A former member

Flood titles tonight, and it would seem the main presenters are all on location.
MW
Mike W

Flood titles tonight, and it would seem the main presenters are all on location.

A very good production for MTD it must be said, complete with montage at the end.

As earlier discussed, here are the HS2 titles

Last edited by Mike W on 18 February 2020 2:26am - 3 times in total

Newer posts