TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KE
kernow
TCOTV posted:
Rxtvlog is reporting that sky documentaries will launch on sky channel 114. No news about SyFy.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/sky-documentaries-launch-date-and.html

Maybe they will close Sky 2 instead of SyFy, and either move SyFy to the current Sky 2 EPG slot, or have a bit of a reschuffle so that it's a bit higher up.

I think Sky 2's days are numbered, and it's only a matter of time before it's closed down.
ST
Stuart
I think Sky 2's days are numbered, and it's only a matter of time before it's closed down.

We've been saying that for years, but it seems to have more lives than a litter of feral cats.
NW
nwtv2003

We've been saying that for years, but it seems to have more lives than a litter of feral cats.

I’d say it’s likely that Sky Two has been on death row longer than what Men & Motors was.
BA
Ballyboy
Agreed, wish they updated the idents , sky1 has stargate Atlantis and Simpsons, what was the whole point of sky2
Last edited by Ballyboy on 12 February 2020 8:51pm - 2 times in total
PF
PFML84
I wonder how they'll abbreviate Sky Documentaries to fit in the EPG. Just Sky Docs perhaps?

It would probably be easier if Sky just updated the EPG so channel logos were on show instead of channel names, like on other services or their online TV guide.
ST
Stuart
I wonder how they'll abbreviate Sky Documentaries to fit in the EPG. Just Sky Docs perhaps?

I think UKTV Documentary was abbreviated as 'UKTV Docs' on the Sky EPG.
MI
TheMike

Sky Docs - sounds like a new medical drama channel!!!
TT
TellyTime
It's strange that the Sky Documentaries logo is so similar to Sky Witness, with the same black and white design... there are so many other colours that they could have used.
ST
Stuart
It's strange that the Sky Documentaries logo is so similar to Sky Witness, with the same black and white design... there are so many other colours that they could have used.

I suspect that they just haven't chosen the colours yet for Sky History & Sky Documentary.
PF
PFML84
Sky Nature will surely be green, or teal or a gradient of some sort. History or Docs could be purple and orange, two colours they never seem to use on their main channel brandings.
JK
JK08
History or Docs could be purple and orange, two colours they never seem to use on their main channel brandings.

Erm..?
TC
TCOTV
If the picture below is correct then sky nature will be green leaves.

Newer posts