Media Websites

TV ARK: Returns Jan 2020

At LAST! (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
That's a bit of a shame, despite the poor quality of the posts the clips they posted were decent. The social media was a fill in while the site was down but I'd have thought they would be good for promoting the site and content now its back.

Seems a bit of an odd decision, although there are a lot of other accounts doing the same sort of thing without a site
LL
Larry the Loafer
The Twitter account has now been rebranded as UK PRES.

This is... weird.
VM
VMPhil
What are the chances that the person running the account has read the criticism on here and decided to quit?
BE
Ben Founding member
TV Ark is a team so they take descisions as a team about things like that it wont be down to one indvidual.
IS
Inspector Sands
Looks like they've split the accounts and stated a new one for TV Ark. He's inherited the TV Ark Twitter's 8,500 followers and is doing his own thing:

Meanwhile the new TV Ark account is here:

Clever, I didn't know that it was possible to rename accounts and move posts between accounts
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 12 February 2020 1:24pm
LL
Larry the Loafer
I don't think it's about moving posts. AFAIK you can change your name and handle on Twitter so there's not much to it.

I do find it a bit odd that TV Ark can't use anything that's "the wrong video format" according to that tweet. What would be beyond their reach?
NW
nwtv2003
I don’t understand, prior to the recent change, there was absolutely no issue with the TV Ark twitter account until the other week. Doesn’t appear that the Ark takes to criticism well. Shame.
IS
Inspector Sands
I don't think it's about moving posts. AFAIK you can change your name and handle on Twitter so there's not much to it.

Ahhh I never noticed you could change your username as well as the display name.

The message about the 'sm' closing started on the old account though didn't it? Or did I just see it because someone I follow interacted with it?
BE
Ben Founding member
I don’t understand, prior to the recent change, there was absolutely no issue with the TV Ark twitter account until the other week. Doesn’t appear that the Ark takes to criticism well. Shame.

Been a few changes behind the scenes over there recentlym
SD
sda|
If only the people running the site took the past few pages of this thread as a bit of trolling and nitpicking rather than actual genuine advice...
JA
james-2001
How much connection do the people running the site have with the person running the Twitter? Or is he just throwing a strop off his own back?

Not a good advert for the site either way though, as I've already said.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I know you can't convey emotion over text but I get a sense of hostility over the words "no interaction whatsoever".
bilky asko and Brekkie gave kudos

Newer posts