The Gallery

Ballyboy Asks a Question

Fromerly After Effects Help (February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
Out of interest how much RAM is needed for AE I only got 8gb Sad

8GB is acceptable but its a good idea to have 16 if possible. I use AE on Mac and more often then not rendering can take up a hefty chunk of power.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Where anything intensive is going on, the more memory and better processor you can chuck at the project/hardware the better. Obviously its not worth spending for the sake of one project but if you were going to reuse the power elsewhere (ie if the machine doubles up as a PC gaming machine) it may be worthwhile.

My desktop is is my primary gaming machine but it also doubled up as a DVD ripper/encoder too, considering I got a Blu-Ray reader relatively cheaply. It's also useful if I do anything that needs the extra power that the laptop would take too long to do.
NL
Ne1L C
My Mac mini has 16 GB of ram and the difference between 8 and 16 gigs is remarkable and welcome.
NJ
My Mac mini has 16 GB of ram and the difference between 8 and 16 gigs is remarkable and welcome.

But it is important to stress that this will not be experienced by all.
If you only go on the internet with the machine you can feed it as much memory as you like, it'll make no difference.

For something like After Effects or other complicated stuff that uses a ton of resources, yes. Otherwise no (8Gb is bare minimum these days anyway)
NL
Ne1L C

But it is important to stress that this will not be experienced by all.
If you only go on the internet with the machine you can feed it as much memory as you like, it'll make no difference.

For something like After Effects or other complicated stuff that uses a ton of resources, yes. Otherwise no (8Gb is bare minimum these days anyway)

Oh I agree I use the Mac for compositing, editing and photoshopping as well as the basics such as word processing and streaming.
HA
harshy Founding member
I tried and my laptop went black for a long time I will look on the internet to see what I can do to my laptop
BA
Bail Moderator
Hi, I’m making a mock for bbc news, how do I get text well the place names to move across?

Download

Here's a quick project file showing how I do my placenames by parenting to a null in 3D space and rotating the null.
BA
Ballyboy
Aw thx you, once my mock is completed it’ll be on the gallery
Last edited by Ballyboy on 11 February 2020 12:04am
FF
FactorFiles
Bail posted:
Hi, I’m making a mock for bbc news, how do I get text well the place names to move across?

Download

Here's a quick project file showing how I do my placenames by parenting to a null in 3D space and rotating the null.

Couldn't resist. Built onto Bail's by getting you started with the connecting lines - uses expressions and multiple instances of the 'beam' effect, so will start to test your computer a bit more!

Download
NL
Ne1L C
I tried and my laptop went black for a long time I will look on the internet to see what I can do to my laptop

This website might help:

https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/advisor

Quick tip: I don't know what kind of computer you have so therefore can't say how to access the RAM etc. It might be wise to get someone who knows about upgrading to install anything you get Very Happy

PS That goes to everyone Very Happy
NJ
Quick tip: I don't know what kind of computer you have so therefore can't say how to access the RAM etc. It might be wise to get someone who knows about upgrading to install anything you get Very Happy

Easy, just connect the whatchamacallit to the thingamabob and particulate the oojemaflob with the spur done sprackett. Sorted.
NL
Ne1L C
As an option you can always to suck the clenching pin tight to the arc thrust. Very Happy

Newer posts