TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I didn't dare check how old some of these shows actually were.
TV
thetvman
It will be interesting to see what they put in x factors slot. Maybe test the waters with a Masked Singer special and see if there is any appetite for some kind of Christmas version?

I understand its contracted for 1 more year. Maybe it will give Simon cowell will test a new format? Might be best if he stays off screen like the Greatest Dancer and see how a completely new show works out. His future is probably more in selling formats, rather than judging.

It's hard to know what to do really. Maybe you could try Saturday night takeaway near Cheistmas. Then I suspect to much ant and sec with I'm a celeb as well.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
News tonight that another autumn Saturday night show, Take Me Out, has also been axed after 11 years. No surprise really it was getting terrible ratings. It definitely feels that it's time for a shake-up of the autumn schedule.
AS
Ash101
News tonight that another autumn Saturday night show, Take Me Out, has also been axed after 11 years. No surprise really it was getting terrible ratings. It definitely feels that it's time for a shake-up of the autumn schedule.

It was airing before a repeat of The Chase on Saturday nights at the end of last year, so no surprise.

This does leave ITV very weak on Saturday night shows though, especially if there’s no Ninja Warrior UK this year?
AN
Andrew Founding member

No surprise, the latest series aired ages after the previous one, at a different time of year and was obviously just being used up. In reality I expect it was axed months ago.
JL
JamesLaverty1925

I must admit, I thought it had been axed a few years ago! 11 years is a decent run mind, but I guess Paddy's much busier with Top Gear now as well.

When's Alan Carr's Gameshow Marathon (or whatever its called) airing? Guessing it will be after Takeaway finishes?
BR
Brekkie
I thought Take Me Out had been axed then it cropped up with a series last year, so thought The X Factor going might save it for another year.

Think Alan Carr's Gameshow Marathon is due sooner rather than later, possibly on Sundays once Dancing on Ice finishes but Saturday before BGT seems a better fit. Think it might only be 5 episodes for now as I'm sure 2 are Christmas specials. Of course they are probably back door pilots for a revival of one of the formats, but as always revived game shows suffer from now being dragged out to an hour rather than airing in their natural 30 minute slots.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

I must admit, I thought it had been axed a few years ago! 11 years is a decent run mind, but I guess Paddy's much busier with Top Gear now as well.

When's Alan Carr's Gameshow Marathon (or whatever its called) airing? Guessing it will be after Takeaway finishes?

Various sources seem to suggest there is a Christmas Special of this too due for airing at Christmas 2020 (itvmedia.co.uk) so if they're going to lump them all together that suggests late October. But of course nothing to stop them being separated so...

Mind you other sources seem to suggest it aired last year, which I doubt considering the contestant appeal didn't close until July 2019.
SC
Score
The last series of Take Me Out had been sat on the shelf for a year by the time it finally aired and was burned off against Strictly. Even then the ratings were terrible and worse than expected, so no surprise to see it gone. Does leave ITV with a lot of gaps. I have a feeling Ninja Warrior might turn up in the Autumn to fill one of the slots (possibly the TMO slot). They didn’t film a series last Autumn but there’s been no word of the axe and given the Ninja Warrior Adventure Parks that are popping up with the show’s branding I’d be surprised if they dropped it, particularly as it can still rate well.

I believe Alan Carr is airing on Spring Saturdays alongside BGT, so essentially taking Ninja Warrior’s slot. It’ll be 6 episodes, there are 5 regular ones and a celebrity edition in the main series and then one Xmas special on top of that. It’ll be interesting to see if they give it the 7pm slot it deserves into BGT or saddle it with 6.30pm like Ninja to protect In For a Penny.
JO
Johnr
Take Me Out was a decent show in the first few series, but then the more recent ones it became obvious everyone had just turned up for a free holiday

Whatever happened with that Mulhern gameshow that was supposed to be happening...Rolling In It?
VM
VMPhil
That

Various sources seem to suggest there is a Christmas Special of this too due for airing at Christmas 2020 (itvmedia.co.uk) so if they're going to lump them all together that suggests late October. But of course nothing to stop them being separated so...

Mind you other sources seem to suggest it aired last year, which I doubt considering the contestant appeal didn't close until July 2019.

I think the story (as posted by gottago IIRC?) is that they were going to launch it with the Christmas special, but it was decided that wouldn't make sense so it's been put on the shelf until next Christmas. Which should be fine as long as Alan doesn't get LASIK this year or something.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Johnr posted:

Whatever happened with that Mulhern gameshow that was supposed to be happening...Rolling In It?

According to the link below, it's going to be on Saturdays in quarter 3. And it looks very much like Tipping Point based on that image.

https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/latest-opportunities/itv-partnership-opportunity-rolling-in-it-2020

Newer posts