TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
dvboy posted:
Parasite has taken £1m over the weekend.

I saw it in Birmingham at 11am on Friday, it's first day of general release and there were probably 30-40 people in the screening. The lady checking tickets said it was doing well for that time of day (it did have a Cineworld Unlimited preview which I'd missed).

I saw it yesterday and it was sold out. For a foreign language film to get over £1m is very rare, only the odd Bollywood films tends to even close to that.
BR
Brekkie
I’d honestly love to know how the bosses at GMB/ITV Daytime justify flying the team out for the Oscars, an event which, in all likelihood, 90% of the program’s audience couldn’t care less about.

It’s always been the case to go overboard with Oscars coverage, right back to GMTV and The Big Breakfast. I’m sure BBC Breakfast will be covering it as well.

Exactly - I don't care about the Oscars but always found The Big Breakfast shows enjoyable and in a way how breakfast TV covered them was ahead of their time, reducing a 4 hour telecast down to snippets of just a minute or so. It's the one day a year they can get multiple big names live on their show.
NA
natoswald
The show is a trainwreck this morning.. Mic issues galore and going live to Ross with guests who have already finished talking to him..
Last edited by natoswald on 10 February 2020 7:30am - 2 times in total
BR
Brekkie
Did they have to apologise that Piers' mic was working?
TVMan and james-2001 gave kudos
JC
JCB
There's only one moment people are talking about and, interestingly, it's nowhere to be seen on GMB's own Twitter feed. Can't think why they're not exploiting this one for cheap publicity. 🙄
DO
dosxuk
And that is?
JC
JCB
And that is?

Joan Collins questioning the Schofe narrative.

I don't know what to think of Schofe tbh but my point was GMB love to stick the knife in and will exploit anything and everyone for cheap publicity but rarely ITV when they're in the headlines. They were noticeably soft on 'Jeremy Kyle' and the 'Love Island' suicides for example.
JA
jacob_27
6:30 titles a bit out of sync with the voiceover this morning. Didn't day “Good Morning Britain” until Ben’s name title.
KA
Karl072
Bill Turnbull to co host with Susanna for three days at the end of feb. Be great to see him back on Brekkie TV I’ve missed him
JO
Jonwo
Bill Turnbull to co host with Susanna for three days at the end of feb. Be great to see him back on Brekkie TV I’ve missed him

I'm sure Bill will be good. We can now add Bill to the Piers replacement roster along with Richard Madeley, Richard Bacon and Adil Ray.
BR
Brekkie
Another week Piers gets off then that Susanna doesn't.
CU
Custard56
Only a matter of time before Bill Turnbull turned up there as a presenter. He has been much more loyal to Susanna Reid and Good Morning Britain recently than he has ever been to BBC Breakfast.

Good Morning Britain to beat BBC Breakfast in the ratings in late February then, no doubt.
Last edited by Custard56 on 12 February 2020 10:35pm
DJ Dave and Ben Shatliff gave kudos

Newer posts