TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes the site with the article on isn't one that should normally be taken notice of.

However there is some independent evidence online that seems to back it up, or at least give it some credence.

Online trails are quite difficult to cleanse sometimes, stuff resurfaces
JA
james-2001
And this is why it's so hard for someone like Phillip to come out, when it leads to people starting rumours like this, they spread like wildfire and people rush to believe them.
Spencer, manclad and Brekkie gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
And this is why it's so hard for someone like Phillip to come out, when people start rumours like this, they spread like wildfire and people rush to believe them.

Quite, when something gets announced like that out of the blue people will wonder 'why now?'

I really hope that you're right and it is just rumour and the stuff online from years ago is just coincidence
JA
james-2001
And you'd have been better off not even mentioning it here to be honest, even if you haven't explictly stated what the rumour is. It's just more fanning of the flames.
JO
Jon
And you'd have been better off not even mentioning it here to be honest, even if you haven't explictly stated what the rumour is. It's just more fanning of the flames.

To be fair Phillip’s own interview leaves open the possibility of it or something similar being true. The thing is if this is the story The Geek mentioned earlier that the Mirror was going to run what stops them running it now?

This is all gossip at the moment, but reading between the lines of everything that’s been said and has happened recently I’m sure there is more to this story that will come out. Although nothing I’ve heard would be enough to cost him his position on the show and I think he’s probably already done enough damage limitation to lessen the impact of the whole thing that is alleged.
IS
Inspector Sands

It's certainly worthy of a mention. Maybe it's just the fantasy of a right wing stirrer, maybe it is actually what's been going on at ITV?

It's worth remembering that his predessesor, sadly, was forced off the programme due to a rumour. The possibility of it happening again will be a concern for ITV
SC
Si-Co

I was tempted earlier today to make reference to some of the rumours being circulated, particularly a certain YouTube video, only because it has annoyed me so much by presenting unfounded statements as fact and including words like “predatory” and “impressionable”. All I really want to say on the subject is that at no point did Phillip deny having had same-sex encounters or a same-sex relationship - all he said was that he wasn’t currently having such a relationship or looking for one. He did come across as totally genuine when he said he was not under pressure to come out. I didn’t pick up on any animosity from Eamonn and Ruth either.

Whatever the whole truth may be, it’s sickening when people are so quick to think the worst and allow themselves to be influenced by such venomous click-bait.
mannewskev, james-2001 and Brekkie gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
By all accounts, Phil received a great reception from the audience and judging panel on Dancing On Ice this week.

Hope this all calms down and “normal service is resumed as soon as possible”.

Today’s news; tomorrow’s chip paper, as the adage goes.
IS
Inspector Sands
By all accounts, Phil received a great reception from the audience and judging panel on Dancing On Ice this week.

Absolutely, he does have a lot of support from both the public and the industry and, it seems, his colleagues

Quote:
Today’s news; tomorrow’s chip paper, as the adage goes.

Try telling that to John Leslie....
JO
Jon

It's worth remembering that his predessesor, sadly, was forced off the programme due to a rumour. The possibility of it happening again will be a concern for ITV

It’s worth pointing out the rumour in that video, is nothing on the scale of John Leslie saga and if it were true the potential consequences of that would just be bad publicity for a few weeks and probably wouldn’t cost him his job.
JA
jamesrl
An interesting, cryptic instagram post from Amanda Holden, "things always are more interesting behind the scenes"...
MA
mannewskev

It's certainly worthy of a mention. Maybe it's just the fantasy of a right wing stirrer, maybe it is actually what's been going on at ITV?

Unfounded libellous allegations aren't worthy of a mention.
Brekkie, tightrope78 and james-2001 gave kudos

Newer posts