TV Home Forum

This Morning

It's summer on This Morning! (p175) - 16/04/18 onwards

JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
Are those little wireless bud earpieces also moulded? Just curious.

(Apols for the thread creep.......)
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
TI
tightrope78 UTV Newsline
The most interesting reaction will be that from Fern Britton.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
The most interesting reaction will be that from Fern Britton.

I think she probably already knows how the earpieces work.
DB
dbl London London
Not the greatest fan of Phillip on some things, but at least he can live his truth more freely now.
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Not to say it's impossible to develop a way of working that made the walk between studios work if so desired. Particularly for a "set piece" move that shouldn't need much direction other than timing cues.
Write that down in your copybook now.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
I imagine Phil will receive quite the reaction at the weekend on Dancing on Ice.
Lewismpsmith and Whataday gave kudos
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Jon posted:
I imagine Phil will receive quite the reaction at the weekend on Dancing on Ice.

Quite fiting seeing as that show's broken barriers by having their first same sex pair this year.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Interestingly Phil Vickery made his first appearance on the show today (I believe) after his announcement of his split with Fern.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
IS
Inspector Sands
Smile

SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
On a presentation/production note, I'm surprised they didn't have the text of Phil's statement on the screen while Holly was reading it, it looked a bit awkward the way they did it.
Write that down in your copybook now.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
I imagine that was a production choice to see his emotional reaction.
BF
BFGArmy Channel Channel Islands
Huge respect to Philip for how open he was in announcing the news and it sounds like it was quite incredible TV - even if it is a shame that somebody's sexuality should matter/be news these days.

On a tangent, I am slightly surprised it as a story is so prominent on some news bulletins. It actually led ITV's lunchtime bulletin with a good chunk of the bulletin spent on it. I'm not usually a news snob but a celebrity coming out as gay really shouldn't be the top story on a news bulletin. Though it's not just ITV's bulletins where it's been prominent.
JosiahStuart and Lewismpsmith gave kudos

Newer posts