Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Hate to be kind of nitpicking but I think the feature at the bottom of the page for posts with high Kudos isn't really working because we need context. The current one is "I don't really know." and without knowing that BM11 said "but why Mavis" for the person being killed off in Corrie 10000, that sounds like a rather boring out-of-context sentence, and there's been plenty of examples before too. Maybe it could be reworked so that you can see context too with the posts before it (if required)?

That is kind of the point though - it teases you in to going and looking at the original thread to find out what it means.
SP
Spencer
Just a quick idea for the new look site... I was wondering if it'd be worth experimenting with having the Requests forum locked to new members until they reach a certain number of site posts?

It seems more so than ever at the moment, people are registering simply to ask for a particular theme or whatever, and then disappearing without contributing to the forum. It does feel rather that the good nature of forum members is being taken advantage of at the moment.

Just a thought!
CA
Capybara
Sorry, but are we talking about new look as in the 2013 new look (compared to the original site) or am I missing something?
SP
Spencer
Sorry, but are we talking about new look as in the 2013 new look (compared to the original site) or am I missing something?

I was making a suggestion for the new design Asa has said he’s currently working on - mentioned on the previous page.

I’ve found making suggestions of new ideas to be implemented seven years in the past isn’t usually very helpful. Wink
Capybara, rob and Jon gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

I was making a suggestion for the new design Asa has said he’s currently working on - mentioned on the previous page.

I’ve found making suggestions of new ideas to be implemented seven years in the past isn’t usually very helpful. Wink

Unless Capybara happens to have a flux capacitor, that is, and can bolt it to something that can travel at 88mph...

Do we have a time traveller on our site? Can I have next week's lottery numbers? Wink
NL
Ne1L C
Great Scott!!! Very Happy
JA
james-2001
I know, this is heavy.
SP
Spencer
Great Scott!!! Very Happy

Loved him on Quizmania.
AS
Asa Admin
A good idea Spencer, definitely worth getting people to contribute to other areas of the site first. Will add to the list!
HC
Hatton Cross
And...
Can that be extended to starting new threads as well?

Would stop a lot of the threads of the type 'Your memories of BBC Children's programmes, but not before 2009 because I wasnt born before then' stuff.

Thanks.
DO
dosxuk
Lots of other sites have restrictions on the account you can post in the first few days, so I wouldn't want to stop a new poster from starting a thread (yes, loads of them are pointless, but there have been some very good first posts from new members), but you could have limits like only one new topic and only 5 posts per day in the first week with sufficient warnings to make sure new posters know they need to not waste those.

But on the other hand this is a fairly small site in terms of activity so do we really want to put off new members? The mod team do a pretty good job of tidying up the mess after the school holidays as it is.
JO
Joe
And...
Can that be extended to starting new threads as well?

Would stop a lot of the threads of the type 'Your memories of BBC Children's programmes, but not before 2009 because I wasnt born before then' stuff.

Thanks.

Annoying? Yes.

A huge epidemic that we're struggling to control? Probably not.

Newer posts