The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BF
BFGArmy
Wonder what CNN will give precedent too in the hours ahead? The UK leaving the EU or the Impeachment trial? Presumably the EU but you never know with things as they have been lately...

The fact this is even being discussed shows how US centric CNN is. The impeachment trial which was never likely to see Trump leaving office is pretty much dead in the water now so Brexit proceedings should definitely be taking centre stage.
You’d like to think CNN may have their London team on-duty tonight (especially as simulcasts mean Bianca, Cyril, Isa and co barely do a full week of their usual shows) but goodness knows these days.
GI
ginnyfan
A lot of times not even CNNI folks know what exactly is gonna happen and if they'll be on air or not. This is Bianca's answer to me from few days ago ....

GI
ginnyfan

LO
LivefromORL
In other news, some of London staff has already moved to the new HQ!

Have any pictures emerged from Old Street?
GI
ginnyfan
No, they can't post anything until the launch sadly.....

BF
BFGArmy
A change from usual (at least for now) with International taking the lead on coverage of the Streatham incident - there's been many a time in the last year or to when Domestic has taken the lead on an International story.

And unsurprisingly the coverage by International is very good - Lynda Kinkade is doing a superb job. CNNI have some great anchors and she's definetely among them.
NE
Newsroom
Well, here is the outside.... I'll try get more from inside sources...

NZ
nznewser

Kate Riley appears to have left CNN World Sport and moved to Singapore for family reasons. Will be sad to lose her on air but wish her all the best. Hope to see her on air again sometime soon!
BF
BFGArmy
Even after watcing CNN for several years, one thing I will never get is these 7 or 8-person strong panels. You're never going to get enough time to hear properly from all of them and it ends up with the presenter essentially having to play referee/moderator.
GI
ginnyfan
^^^Well considering the fact CNN US' programming consists of these panels 24 hours a day, we have enough time to hear from all of the well known talking heads.

Seeing an actual report on something is a rarity on CNN US these days.

Anyway, the whole impeachment farce is finally over so hopefully CNNI can go back to normal but not for long, I'm sure....

9 days later

LO
LivefromORL
Found this tease of the new London Office

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ebiPhHxPi/?igshid=owzrk8la0j3
GI
ginnyfan
Looks interesting, I assume that's newsroom??? Can't wait to see more.

Newer posts