« Topics
VMPhil10,249 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
The Fun Capsule will no doubt be repackaged as something else. After all, his Sky One TV show (Harry Hill's Tea-Time I think it was called) was pretty much the same thing in different colours on a different set. So no doubt it'll appear somewhere else with a new name soon.

Er, no it’s not. They may have similar features or items but Tea Time was based around just having a single guest each week whereas Alien Fun Capsule had a panel.

What a shame though, it was one of the best shows on TV, especially since it was like nothing else on and put in ITV prime time as only Harry Hill can do.

In memoriam:

Ash101 and sda| gave kudos
RDJ2,915 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
He needs to bring back TV Burp. It’s had an ample break and nothing really can match its success.

Harry did complain of the gruelling task of watching the shows and create the content for the show within the space of a week - especially for a long run. Therefore there should be less emphasis on shows aired during the week and more emphasis on TV archive content.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
paul_hadley and Gary Baldy gave kudos
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87) 952 posts since 20 Sep 2007
He needs to bring back TV Burp. It’s had an ample break and nothing really can match its success.

Harry did complain of the gruelling task of watching the shows and create the content for the show within the space of a week - especially for a long run. Therefore there should be less emphasis on shows aired during the week and more emphasis on TV archive content.

Poking fun at archive footage isn't going to have the same impact as what Harry did with things like The Apprentice or Freaky Eaters.
Brekkie33,999 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
I remember Harry commenting about his surprise at it being recommissioned at the start of series 2 and 3!

Was a running joke in the first series as well that it ever got commissioned in the first place. It was half an hour of nonsense of course, but there absolutely needs to be a place for that on TV.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Larry the Loafer, Cando and 2 others
  • Spencer
  • all new Phil
gave kudos
Cando1,643 posts since 8 Mar 2012
London London

I think the format is owned by Avalon(who was also his agent)and Harry had a massive falling out with them. I think there were suing eachother at one point.
Lewismpsmith gave kudos
VMPhil10,249 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
Reviving TV Burp would be a terrible idea. I still love it and rewatch it often (I think this is probably one of the best takedowns of a format and its contestants the show ever did) but it ended at the right time IMO. Besides, towards the end Harry wanted it to be more of a sketch show than a clip show and everyone on here hated that, and there's no reason to expect him to go back to just doing clips.

It was half an hour of nonsense of course, but there absolutely needs to be a place for that on TV.

'If you have any questions, give me a ring!'
Spencer, jsgibble and 2 others
  • Brekkie
  • Lewismpsmith
gave kudos
Larry the Loafer5,763 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
It's easy to overlook that TV Burp that was something of a Trojan horse for Harry's surreal humour to get onto primetime ITV. Personally I think he's hilarious but whilst his style is pretty polarising, the format was very accessible. It's sad but not too surprising he's struggled with primetime since, and I think AFC was his best shot by far.
Lewismpsmith gave kudos
Johnr567 posts since 6 Apr 2004

This was when TV Burp was at it's best...SALMON!

Talking of which I just noticed somebody updated the Wikipedia page for The Colour Of Money with the results of Episode 8 which never actually aired on TV as far as I know!
scottishtv gave kudos