« Topics
Bail3,754 posts since 30 Mar 2001 Moderator
Meridian (South) South Today
Still not a fan of those shorter titles. They look like they'd be better suited for a short summary on a Saturday lunchtime or something.

The titles aren't short, the 'headlines' are too long..(!)

I've said before the "pre baked" headlines circa 99 were much more punchy. I'd rather a quick 30sec heads and titles then into the news, not upwards of 2 minutes of headlines.
Bail.
Rkolsen3,075 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
Very Happy

One day the phone numbers on the sign above the monitor (not the labels) were so clear I wanted to dial them. They appeared to be the external line. But I didn’t want to incur international charges.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
Markymark7,575 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
Very Happy

One day the phone numbers on the sign above the monitor (not the labels) were so clear I wanted to dial them. They appeared to be the external line. But I didn’t want to incur international charges.

Use a ViOP based service, even Skype will only be a few Cents, but why on earth would you ring, and what are you bursting to say?!
Rkolsen3,075 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
Very Happy

Use a ViOP based service, even Skype will only be a few Cents, but why on earth would you ring, and what are you bursting to say?!

You know, just say I’m a big fan of “Do the Huw.”
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
Ne1L C1,402 posts since 11 Sep 2011

You know, just say I’m a big fan of “Do the Huw.”

Wasn't that a song by Van Mccoy? Razz
JF World News (previously JPF) 201 posts since 21 Nov 2018
HTV West Points West
Beyond 100 Days now on air 5 minutes late after some technical problems.

The presenters on this don't seem to like each other. Not a regular viewer, but today she looks like she is always trying to put him down.
She seems to be a bit rude and in love with her self and he scared of her lol.

It's part of the fun and chemistry, the remit of the programme is reporting on political development around the world with attempted punches of irreverent wit and fun.
BBI45, Stuart and Custard56 gave kudos