TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February! (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CU
Cusack
I believe The Graham Norton Show ends its current series on Friday 14th February 2020 and will be off on a break until early April 2020, which is the norm for Graham and his team.

As Graham uses Studio TC1 on a Thursday night, this will mean SNT will have Thursday to Saturday available for their set to be up, used for rehearsals and then the live Saturday night show.

And as usual in May, Graham will be in Rotterdam for Eurovision 2020 so someone will have to do the show for him while he's away in the Netherlands for his 11th Eurovision.

Last year was the first time someone else presented the show because of Eurovision. I'm not sure what has happened in other years whether it was recorded earlier in the week or was missing that week.
ME
mediaman2007
Anyone remember the strike at TLS in 2005? Think Takeaway almost moved to TVC to do a live show on that occasion, but ended up pre recording the whole thing as live at TLS on the Thursday or Friday.
CA
Cando
Anyone remember the strike at TLS in 2005? Think Takeaway almost moved to TVC to do a live show on that occasion, but ended up pre recording the whole thing as live at TLS on the Thursday or Friday.

Yes I remember it, "Hit me baby one more time" I think did move to TVC that weekend as that had a live results show. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_Me,_Baby,_One_More_Time_(TV_series).

10 days later

BA
bilky asko
Asa posted:
22nd would make sense, fits in neatly with three more episodes to go of The Masked Singer. Have Ant & Dec ever done anything in their career in TC1?

Surprise surprise:

IS
Inspector Sands
Asa posted:
22nd would make sense, fits in neatly with three more episodes to go of The Masked Singer. Have Ant & Dec ever done anything in their career in TC1?

They've appeared or possibly presented on Comic Relief haven't they?
CA
Cando
Asa posted:

They've appeared or possibly presented on Comic Relief haven't they?

Yes they definitely presented a primetime section from TC1 in 2003. Iirc they even ran down the steps like on Takeaway.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Ant & Dec filming in TC1 was discussed on page 3.
Cando and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
JK
JKDerry
Audience tickets are starting to be released now and we have it confirmed, they will be using Television Centre TC1. https://www.applausestore.com/book-saturday-night-takeaway
JB
JasonB
Audience tickets are starting to be released now and we have it confirmed, they will be using Television Centre TC1. https://www.applausestore.com/book-saturday-night-takeaway

Applause Store seem to be picky when it comes to shows like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been snapped up by a waiting list already from the last series. I tried a few times to get tickets in the past but I was never 'succesful'
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Some colleagues spotted Ant and Dec shooting a 'moving in' thing with a removals van outside TVC earlier, presumably for a promo. Never would've guessed a few years ago how often that building would end up being prominently shown on ITV!
JA
james-2001
Never would've guessed a few years ago how often that building would end up being prominently shown on ITV!

With only a third of the amount of studios it used to have.
JO
Jon
I wonder how long until ITV buy branding rights to the building?

Newer posts