TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February! (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
I wonder when the audience tickets will be made available as this will show us when it starts and for how long it will run. Applause Store website has no details as yet.

We already know the start date (it's obvious) and the end date (from the final show being on location).

Nothing is certain Brekkie
JK
JKDerry
Tickets for The Last Leg have been released for the rest of February and into March and it seems SNT's presence in Studio TC1 is forcing them out to Elstree Studios, as from Friday 21st February The Last Leg will be moving to Elstree, I guess they might use Studio D as the show's production size is big.
NG
noggin Founding member
Tickets for The Last Leg have been released for the rest of February and into March and it seems SNT's presence in Studio TC1 is forcing them out to Elstree Studios, as from Friday 21st February The Last Leg will be moving to Elstree, I guess they might use Studio D as the show's production size is big.

If they are going to Elstree Studios then it won't be Studio D - as that's at BBC Elstree, not Elstree Studios.

BBC Studioworks have Stages 8,9 (TC3/4/6/8 sized) and George Lucas 2 (bigger than TC1) at Elstree Studios, and Studio D (TC1 sized) at BBC Elstree (which is a separate site)
PE
Pete Founding member

If they are going to Elstree Studios then it won't be Studio D - as that's at BBC Elstree, not Elstree Studios.

BBC Studioworks have Stages 8,9 (TC3/4/6/8 sized) and George Lucas 2 (bigger than TC1) at Elstree Studios, and Studio D (TC1 sized) at BBC Elstree (which is a separate site)

I mean the naming conventions in Borehamwood aren't at all confusing...
JK
JKDerry
Well, either way, The Last Leg is on the move to Elstree from mid-Feb to allow SNT into TC1. I knew they would need a couple of days per week, as that vast set SNT have is just too big to be in place for Saturday nights after the Last Leg.
IS
Inspector Sands
Surprised The Last Leg isn't returning to its original home at Hammersmith
JK
JKDerry
Surprised The Last Leg isn't returning to its original home at Hammersmith

I think it has something to do with BBC Studioworks providing The Last Leg with edit facilities and post production services to the show, as they provide this to them under a contract deal, it makes sense for them to stay at a BBC Studioworks studio facilities, hence why they are moving to Elstree.
IS
Inspector Sands
That makes sense
TV
iloveTV1
I wonder when the audience tickets will be made available as this will show us when it starts and for how long it will run. Applause Store website has no details as yet.

Starts on 22nd February and ends on 4th April, 90 minute episodes (as per the trailer) and running for 7 weeks as usual.
JK
JKDerry
I believe The Graham Norton Show ends its current series on Friday 14th February 2020 and will be off on a break until early April 2020, which is the norm for Graham and his team.

As Graham uses Studio TC1 on a Thursday night, this will mean SNT will have Thursday to Saturday available for their set to be up, used for rehearsals and then the live Saturday night show.
SH
Sh1ruba
I believe The Graham Norton Show ends its current series on Friday 14th February 2020 and will be off on a break until early April 2020, which is the norm for Graham and his team.

As Graham uses Studio TC1 on a Thursday night, this will mean SNT will have Thursday to Saturday available for their set to be up, used for rehearsals and then the live Saturday night show.

And as usual in May, Graham will be in Rotterdam for Eurovision 2020 so someone will have to do the show for him while he's away in the Netherlands for his 11th Eurovision.
JK
JKDerry
Two options for Graham - double tape his show, meaning he has one extra to air on that weekend he is doing Eurovision or get Jack Whitehall back as a guest host

Newer posts