TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

UK
UKnews
rdd posted:
Oh dear Fox. Gone from a nice understated package to this.

The pluses: the score bar and the new transparent down and distance marker.

The minus: Everything is giant. And in italics.

The bizzare: the cartoony portraits of players.

Those negatives I can deal with, but you’ve left out by far the worst part - the incredibly loud (and very quickly annoying) sound effect into and out of each replay.
RD
rdd Founding member
Bizzare thing #2 - when SF scored their first FG, a “+3” popped out of the score bar like a 1980s video game!
TI
TIGHazard Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
rdd posted:
Bizzare thing #2 - when SF scored their first FG, a “+3” popped out of the score bar like a 1980s video game!

I actually didn't mind that. Also liking the stats thing on the side.
WI
willparkinson Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Such a mishmash of design styles. What’s with the terrible cgi flag that looks straight from the 90’s
MA
mapperuo STV North Reporting Scotland
BBC seem to just cut away from Fox feed mid commentary there
WI
willparkinson Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The 3D rotation of the team logos within a 2D element is horrendous.
UK
UKnews

When they did that last year it was to cover a sponsorship message, but I wouldn’t have expected one at that point. Perhaps their talkback feed made them think there was going to be one?
TI
TIGHazard Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

When they did that last year it was to cover a sponsorship message, but I wouldn’t have expected one at that point. Perhaps their talkback feed made them think there was going to be one?

Possibly a verbal promo for one of Fox's own shows (such as The Masked Singer) or the full Trump interview on Hannity?
RD
rdd Founding member
I know we call them lower thirds, but the TD graphic really did cover up virtually the entire lower third of the screen.
UK
UKnews
To confirm my earlier suspicion - the BBC just muted the Fox commentary, and cut to a clean feed (presumably the world feed) to cover a Verizon promo in the Fox feed about ‘5G’ being used to deliver a camera as part of the coverage. (Showed a camera with a big Verizon sticker on it.) Very quick work by the production team, carrying on from where they left off last year.

Sky left it in.
MA
mapperuo STV North Reporting Scotland
When the BBC do cut to the clean feed it looks so much sharper than the Fox feed Confused
RK
Rkolsen World News
When the BBC do cut to the clean feed it looks so much sharper than the Fox feed Confused

Be interesting to know if the BBC is taking the native 1080p PCR output feed or the upconverted UHD feed or the standard Fox 720p Feed.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.

Newer posts