The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JT
jolly turnip
As others have said, Sky News are excelling at these "moments" right now. Whatever your opinion is ref Brexit (and let's not go there), that sequence was powerful. No commentary needed.
MA
mapperuo
That really was a fantastic moment, Only improvement would have been playing the music bed via the gallery rather than the Dover OB which was breaking up a bit.
SK
skyviewer
...Whatever your opinion is ref Brexit (and let's not go there)...

Let´s really not got there! Disgusting that such an event makes people feel that SkyNews was doing a good job!
GR
griffinuk
That really was a fantastic moment, Only improvement would have been playing the music bed via the gallery rather than the Dover OB which was breaking up a bit.

I'd hazard a guess that it was done that way to keep the synchronisation with the video sequence... I'd hate to have had to sync the audio playing from the mixer to the incoming feed at Sky Centre on fly, in real-time!!!
mapperuo and Rkolsen gave kudos
ST
Stuart

I'd hazard a guess that it was done that way to keep the synchronisation with the video sequence... I'd hate to have had to sync the audio playing from the mixer to the incoming feed at Sky Centre on fly, in real-time!!!

I agree. Sky managed to make the moment very moving and memorable. As others have said, they have recently excelled at such dramatic moments.
TT
TTRWE
That was really great how Sky marked the 11pm exit, very respectful, non divisive and not taking sides.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
...Whatever your opinion is ref Brexit (and let's not go there)...

Let´s really not got there! Disgusting that such an event makes people feel that SkyNews was doing a good job!

That's unfair. It's perfectly reasonable to praise the coverage of an event despite feeling that the event shouldn't be happening.

From what has been said Sky worked hard not to upset either side too much.
DE
derek500
The only downside to Sky's Brexit night coverage was having two Remainers doing the Press Preview.
Worzel and plymouthbloke1974 gave kudos
IT
itsjr
Has anyone else noticed a number of male reporters seem to have stopped wearing ties? Maybe a change to the rules recently?
CR
Critique
Here's an odd one - I was reading a story on the Sky News website this morning about Coronavirus which included the below image:

Isn't the caption on the image in the Sky News style of circa. 2009? I wonder how it's ended up being put to use more than a decade on?!
Spencer, bilky asko and BBI45 gave kudos
ST
steveboswell
I've spotted it on the website a few times, as well as on their railway station big screens - but always for "Google Street View" captions, so I suspect they're just using the same template each time.
CO
Connews
I've spotted it on the website a few times, as well as on their railway station big screens - but always for "Google Street View" captions, so I suspect they're just using the same template each time.

I can answer this - I work for Sky! We basically just haven’t updated the graphic. We should look into it!

(And the online team are responsible for the railway feed!)

Newer posts