TV Home Forum

Challenge - June 2016 onwards

#ChallengeAccepted (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
The 1990 Christmas episode had kids as contestants, I think one had serving forces members too.
BR
Brekkie
Yes, I've seen that on Challenge not that long ago.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
IIRC Christmas 1991 was the Armed Forces special as it made mention of Iraq and the Gulf War.

One of the later series (1993) had a Christmas special that was played for charity but had a couple of lads who as it turned out were friends of one of the two boys who were killed in the 1993 Warrington Bombing. There were also two blind girls on it, one of whom had appeared on the Barrymore show to sing and she got to sing again on his other vehicle. Which was nice for her.

23 days later

TI
This Is Granada
I've noticed from today Challenge have put Golden Balls in the 5pm slot, followed by Weakest Link series 10 continuing at 6pm.

Nice alternative 'tea time' quiz line up if like me you are sick to death of Pointless/Chase on BBC/ITV at this time of day.

Golden balls (for as long as I care to remember) has been hidden away/stuck in the early hours of the morning for a long while now...approx 4am/5am ish..

Also...rather oddly on Sunday 1st March at 6:30am Challenge have 'New: Teleshopping' listed on my Epg, and Pick TV on Monday 2nd March at 6:00am/6:30am have Teleshopping with the 'New:' prefix.
I didn't think teleshopping was anything to brag about being 'New' on the channel???
FO
FanOfTV99
I've noticed from today Challenge have put Golden Balls in the 5pm slot, followed by Weakest Link series 10 continuing at 6pm.

Nice alternative 'tea time' quiz line up if like me you are sick to death of Pointless/Chase on BBC/ITV at this time of day.

Golden balls (for as long as I care to remember) has been hidden away/stuck in the early hours of the morning for a long while now...approx 4am/5am ish..

Also...rather oddly on Sunday 1st March at 6:30am Challenge have 'New: Teleshopping' listed on my Epg, and Pick TV on Monday 2nd March at 6:00am/6:30am have Teleshopping with the 'New:' prefix.
I didn't think teleshopping was anything to brag about being 'New' on the channel???

Is this week's Teleshopping new?

They've kept that quiet haven't they.
NJ
"Same old tat, brand new presenter".
GM
Gary McEwan
I'm just back from Cape Town and one of the channels on DStv was ITV Choice and it was showing episodes of Classic Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

The episodes were butchered entirely the same way the episodes on Challenge are.

So are Challenge getting the episodes like this directly from whoever is providing them the tapes?
BA
bilky asko
I'm just back from Cape Town and one of the channels on DStv was ITV Choice and it was showing episodes of Classic Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

The episodes were butchered entirely the same way the episodes on Challenge are.

So are Challenge getting the episodes like this directly from whoever is providing them the tapes?

Classic Who Wants To Be A Millionaire were made that way when they were shown originally on ITV.
JO
Jon

Classic Who Wants To Be A Millionaire were made that way when they were shown originally on ITV.

Of course Classic Millionaire on ITV was a different edit to what’s seen on Sony Channel and Challenge now. As it featured talking heads interviews with contestants and I think it’s own introductions from Tarrant.
FO
FanOfTV99
Jon posted:

Of course Classic Millionaire on ITV was a different edit to what’s seen on Sony Channel and Challenge now. As it featured talking heads interviews with contestants and I think it’s own introductions from Tarrant.

Yeah the one ITV did was some kind of filler show in the summer of 2003 where it look back at the first 3 series of Millionaire. It also let people play along at home via their phones for a chance to win £1,000.

NJ
Yeah there's a couple of different versions, ITV's play along version that they did presumably as a filler, and the full-blown "Classic Millionaire" strand where somebody has already edited together a collection of games from the episodes but in a neater way. These just finish and begin mid game I believe.

ITV wanted their money's worth out of Millionaire it seems Smile
IN
Interceptor
Yeah there's a couple of different versions, ITV's play along version that they did presumably as a filler, and the full-blown "Classic Millionaire" strand where somebody has already edited together a collection of games from the episodes but in a neater way. These just finish and begin mid game I believe.

ITV wanted their money's worth out of Millionaire it seems Smile

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe ITV gets naff all for distribution of old Millionaire, and the 'Classic' packages were put together by Celador/2waytraffic/Sony?

Newer posts