TV Home Forum

Doctor Who - Season 12

Starts early 2020 (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Details of the 627 items of Dr Who classic content landing on Britbox on Boxing Day.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article=classic-doctor-who-britbox#_

43 days later

WH
Whataday Founding member
This series has been amazing so far. We really need to bump off some of the companions though.
PA
Parker
On Friday I picked up a Dr Who box set of the last series at the Mind charity shop for £3.00... enough said.
BR
Brekkie
Probably says as much about the DVD/Blu-ray format as it does Doctor Who.
KE
kernow
I think it's more about the DVD format. I've seen DVDs in second hand shops recently for as little as 10p!
WH
Whataday Founding member
I really feel S11 was a pallet cleanser after the complex Moffat era, and S12 is our just dessert.
NA
natwel27
I think I am enjoying this series more than last series. Though to be fair, the ratings are certainly far from what one might consider to be impressive.
DW
DavidWhitfield
This series has been amazing so far. We really need to bump off some of the companions though.

Agreed ...
especially now Captain Jack appears to be back
... four is a bit ridiculous.
Of Walsh, Cole, and Gill, though, I cannot see whom they'd trim; I think they all have their positive attributes.
JK
JKDerry
I think I am enjoying this series more than last series. Though to be fair, the ratings are certainly far from what one might consider to be impressive.

The overnight ratings are not concerning - it is the consolidated ratings after a week which are key. However when we look at shows on Sunday nights across the main channels, their ratings are down too.

Dancing on Ice last week only narrowly beat Doctor Who in the overnights, Dancing on Ice at 4.4 million, Doctor Who 4.2 million - so even ITV's big Sunday night live entertainment show is not doing great in the overnights.

For perspective, the highest rated overnight show last Sunday was Call the Midwife on BBC One with 6.5 million. No show attracted more than this last Sunday.
JA
JAS84
Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill have both been cast in other stuff, so it's looking likely that this is their final season. Wouldn't be surprised if all three leave 11 months from now and then a new companion or two joins next season.
JK
JKDerry
I prefer Bradley Walsh as a single companion to the "doc". He alone would be fine, the other two are superfluous.
DA
davidhorman
Well this series has been more of a rollercoaster than the last one, in terms of episode quality at least. A fairly good opening two-parter, not without its problems, then quite possibly the worst episode of Doctor Who ever. Everything about it was just terrible.

Episode 4 was a return to average, at least, then out of nowhere comes episode 5 which, at the very least, no-one seems to be accusing of being "average." A small but noisy contingent have already decided what it means for the Doctor's history, based on only partially confirmed rumour, and have declared that they're out, and a thankfully even smaller contingent have decided it's the final proof that white males are no longer welcome in Doctor Who Laughing

Episode 3's going to leave a nasty stain on this series, but it's managed to learn from some of last year's mistakes, at least.

Newer posts