TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February! (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
It is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Personally I think for a short 7 week or so run they should have features they have the confidence to run every week, and rather than cycling the same features year after year for three weeks per series it would feel fresher if they ran things weekly for a series or two then replaced them.
DM
DeeMartie
So do we reckon we will see a new set and graphics? It looks like they've tweaked the logo a bit in the new ad.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
It'll be interesting to see if Studio 2 also gets used for some features. I seem to recall in past series sometimes a second studio/space at TLS was utilised, I think during some Ant v Dec segments.
JK
JKDerry
It'll be interesting to see if Studio 2 also gets used for some features. I seem to recall in past series sometimes a second studio/space at TLS was utilised, I think during some Ant v Dec segments.

Might be a problem for them Charlie, as Studio 2 is used by Sunday Brunch the following day - it could be used, but it would have to be a fast turnaround of sets, something Studio 2 is used to by now with Lorraine and Loose Women sharing the studio each day, along with Peston on a Wednesday night too.
JK
JKDerry
Kc123 posted:
So do we reckon we will see a new set and graphics? It looks like they've tweaked the logo a bit in the new ad.

I think we will certainly be seeing a revamped set. Studio 1 at TLS had that iconic audience seating platform, which Studio TC1 does not really have. So there will be a large audience, but maybe their traditional entrance of coming down the two stairs either side of the audience maybe dumped.
DM
DeMarkay
The logo is reminiscent of the original from 2002.
PE
peterh
They ll have to update the sequence as itv studios no longer exists on the south bank
NI
nigel
They ll have to update the sequence as itv studios no longer exists on the south bank

If it’s updated with footage of TV Centre.... still seems very odd to see such an iconic building on ITV.
JK
JKDerry
Not anymore, as it is seen five days a week now from 6.00am with Good Morning Britain. Television Centre is beautiful and I hope they will do it proud with a good opening title sequence.
JK
JKDerry
I wonder when the audience tickets will be made available as this will show us when it starts and for how long it will run. Applause Store website has no details as yet.
JB
JasonB
I wonder when the audience tickets will be made available as this will show us when it starts and for how long it will run. Applause Store website has no details as yet.

Usually Applause Store release the tickets for SNT. However, they have been very difficult to get hold of in the past when I've tried.
BR
Brekkie

We already know the start date (it's obvious) and the end date (from the final show being on location).

Newer posts