TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
iloveTV1
The new series of Saturday Mash Up will air for 18 weeks.
FA
fanoftv
Nice to see the programme back.
They’re now using HQ3 at Dock 10, so have extended the set quite a bit. It means that areas and sets that used to be in different areas are now included in the studio.

They now have a new puppet friend called Stanley who sounds like he is voiced by Dave Chapman of Otis the Aardvark and Da Bungalow game, though I could be wrong.
AS
Ash101

They now have a new puppet friend called Stanley who sounds like he is voiced by Dave Chapman of Otis the Aardvark and Da Bungalow game, though I could be wrong.

Pretty sure it’s him, as I think he just appeared in-vision for the news sketch.

Shame they’ve ditched Hacker really, as Phil Fletcher was superb at ad libing and they become some of the funniest bits of the show. I presume he’s still used by CBBC Pres? Although, haven’t all TV shows he used to do been canned?

I did wonder if they’re phasing Hacker out, as “he” seems to be building an online presence issuing Twitter/Instagram/YouTube videos!
TV
iloveTV1

Pretty sure it’s him, as I think he just appeared in-vision for the news sketch.

Shame they’ve ditched Hacker really, as Phil Fletcher was superb at ad libing and they become some of the funniest bits of the show. I presume he’s still used by CBBC Pres? Although, haven’t all TV shows he used to do been canned?

I did wonder if they’re phasing Hacker out, as “he” seems to be building an online presence issuing Twitter/Instagram/YouTube videos!

Hackers only done 3 shows on CBBC:

Scoop (2009-2011)
Hacker Time (2011-2016)
Saturday Mash Up (2017-2019)

Hope he doesn’t leave CBBC completely, that would be bad. This Stanley guy looks alright but he reminds me of Dodge more than Hacker, so hope Hacker stays.
TJ
TomJ

It might well be that Hacker's ditched the show, rather than the other way round. It's not the most appealing gig - I wouldn't fancy getting up early on a Saturday morning then hanging around for two and a half hours for about 20 minutes in total on screen. When it was simulcast on BBC Two, it probably had more allure as a showcase on "terrestrial", as Hacker calls it, but that's gone now.

Hacker still does CBBC links, and guest presented some episodes of the latest series of The Dog Ate My Homework.
GT
GraemeT
Dodge still on CBeebies too
BR
Brekkie
Nice to see the programme back.
They’re now using HQ3 at Dock 10, so have extended the set quite a bit. It means that areas and sets that used to be in different areas are now included in the studio.

Is HQ3 the old Match of the Day studio?
KE
kernow

Scoop (2009-2011)
Hacker Time (2011-2016)

Hope he doesn’t leave CBBC completely, that would be bad. This Stanley guy looks alright but he reminds me of Dodge more than Hacker, so hope Hacker stays.

There's actually been a few more than that, including:

Hacker & Dodge Barkstage at The Voice UK (2015)
Hacker's Crackers (2019)
Hack to the Future (2019)
JO
Josh

Scoop (2009-2011)
Hacker Time (2011-2016)

Hacker's Crackers (2019)

And Hacker's Olympic Rundown, 2016 and 2018.

Looks like they are rerunning She-Ra and Dragons later this afternoon as whole episodes.
DB
dbl
It benefits from being in a bigger studio, I guess they upped the budget a bit this year?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Or were forced to use a different studio because Sport are in the one they used to use on a Saturday?
TV
iloveTV1

Scoop (2009-2011)
Hacker Time (2011-2016)

Hacker's Crackers (2019)

They’ve done Hacker’s Crackers for 4 years (2015,16,18,19) but it became its own show only this year.

Newer posts