TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2020

Returning February! (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UT
Upload TV
New trailer for SNT was released today still not confirmed where it will come from but one can assume TVC?

MA
mapperuo
It is indeed TC1

Source:

JK
JKDerry
I wonder if it will commence in late February - as The Last Leg use Studio TC1 live and it would mean a hell of a quick change for them to get the SNT set into the studio for Saturday night after The Last Leg ends at 11.00pm on Friday.

The current series of The Last Leg is due to end on Friday 14th February 2020 - so could this mean a start on Saturday 22nd February 2020 for SNT?
AS
Asa Admin
22nd would make sense, fits in neatly with three more episodes to go of The Masked Singer. Have Ant & Dec ever done anything in their career in TC1?
JO
Jon
Asa posted:
22nd would make sense, fits in neatly with three more episodes to go of The Masked Singer. Have Ant & Dec ever done anything in their career in TC1?

Friday Night Takeaway?
Last edited by Jon on 31 January 2020 5:24pm
WH
Whataday Founding member
Asa posted:
Have Ant & Dec ever done anything in their career in TC1?

TV Studio History says Friends Like These was recorded in TC1 but looking at clips I'd say it was done in TC4.

Apart from that they've hosted Comic Relief.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I wonder if it will commence in late February - as The Last Leg use Studio TC1 live and it would mean a hell of a quick change for them to get the SNT set into the studio for Saturday night after The Last Leg ends at 11.00pm on Friday.

The current series of The Last Leg is due to end on Friday 14th February 2020 - so could this mean a start on Saturday 22nd February 2020 for SNT?

Looking on Wikipedia, every series since it came back has started on the same day, basically that last-ish Saturday in February, so yes it is very likely that is when it will be starting.
JK
JKDerry
Ant and Dec are certainly no strangers to the Television Centre - one of my school friends way back in the 1990s managed to get to see on of their Ant and Dec Shows I think in 1995 at Television Centre, much to my annoyance and envy.
JK
JKDerry

Looking on Wikipedia, every series since it came back has started on the same day, basically that last-ish Saturday in February, so yes it is very likely that is when it will be starting.

Adam Hills has said The Last Leg would return in May 2020, so this would be a perfect time for SNT to use Television Centre. Also, The Graham Norton Show takes a six week break from mid February so that would help them have a few days before Saturday to have the set up and ready for rehearsals and the live show each week. Not easy for them in 2020 compared to when they could use Studio 1 at TLS.
JK
JKDerry
Ant and Dec must have been eager to get TC1 to use for their show. It is such an iconic building, and would be great for the opening to their show - with a brand new opening title sequence on the way.

They could have chosen other larger studios, BBC Elstree Studio D even, George Lucas Stage at Elstree - but they chose Television Centre. Just a shame the complex has really only one large entertainment studio available for these type of shows, so many productions have been crammed into TC1 in the course of a week.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Ant and Dec must have been eager to get TC1 to use for their show. It is such an iconic building, and would be great for the opening to their show - with a brand new opening title sequence on the way.

They could have chosen other larger studios, BBC Elstree Studio D even, George Lucas Stage at Elstree - but they chose Television Centre. Just a shame the complex has really only one large entertainment studio available for these type of shows, so many productions have been crammed into TC1 in the course of a week.

In recent years TC1 and TLS 1 haven’t existed at the same time, so there is basically no change and no more or less ‘cramming’ than before.
JK
JKDerry

In recent years TC1 and TLS 1 haven’t existed at the same time, so there is basically no change and no more or less ‘cramming’ than before.

TC1 was operating right until 2013. I was just conveying that Ant and Dec prefer to have an iconic building for their show - TLS provided that, and now of course Television Centre.

Newer posts