TV Home Forum

BBC Three New Logo

(January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
steddenm
A promo on BBC One just now had a new look BBC Three logo on.

The current BBC II! logo animates into a logo that looks like BBC Tł!REE.

Is this in anticipation of anything?
RO
Rofters
A promo on BBC One just now had a new look BBC Three logo on.

The current BBC II! logo animates into a logo that looks like BBC Tł!REE.

Is this in anticipation of anything?

Was it this?
If so it was introduced during the rebrand in 2016.
JA
Jamesypoo
Is it like the one featured in this video?

ST
Stuart
I spotted this last week on a trailer. It's certainly better than the 'II!', but doesn't seem to have been adopted as a new official logo on iPlayer.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
It looks like an altered version of that logo, the spacing has been changed and it looks thicker...

ST
steddenm
That's the one. Thanks all.
JF
JetixFann450
Seems like this logo has been in use for quite a while, although I don't really expect anything majorly exciting apart from modifications in the logo. I'm thinking that the BBC Three ident will be updated with the new look but to expect anything major in the TV division is a little too ambitious. It's good to know that BBC Three has a stronger identity that isn't just the roman numeral 3 and to see BBC3 still going strong after 4 years is great, especially now with their partnership with Hulu.

But it does feel like there's lack of a promotion of the service and the programmes on offer, like I said a while ago, can be found easily in other outlets and sites.
ST
Stuart
The boxed and liner versions are different. One has the H & R letters combined, the other doesn't. Shocked
DV
DVB Cornwall
The new 'THREE' logotype has now appeared on the BBC iPlayer in the Channels Shelf. (I dread putting this here but I am - the TH combination resembled a swastika on my first viewing)
ME
mediachris
The new 'THREE' logotype has now appeared on the BBC iPlayer in the Channels Shelf. (I dread putting this here but I am - the TH combination resembled a swastika on my first viewing)

It's " II! " on iPlayer here

DV
DVB Cornwall
Here on Roku

JF
JetixFann450
Something just really irritates me with the way they've split the pillar, especially with that slight line sticking out.
ToasterMan, lukeshep and Brekkie gave kudos

Newer posts