The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
[Tweet no longer exists]
If that's all it is then it seems very unfair considering what a certain other ITV presenter gets up to.
BR
Brekkie
Yet Piers Morgan remains. A huge loss, even in his current reduced role.
Ittr, JamesTV and Markymark gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands

AN
Andrew Founding member
I get the feeling Lucrezia might be on instead of Alastair tonight.

You didn’t see her doing the Evening News during the week very often, and after his long stint over new year he did say he wouldn’t be back until ‘the end of the month’ which is basically now.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Kylie Pentelow has presented her last ever Wales at Six. Is she now moving to Grays Inn Road permanently?
GM
GMc
Kylie Pentelow has presented her last ever Wales at Six. Is she now moving to Grays Inn Road permanently?

I'd guess she's moving back to ITV Westcountry. She was only maternity cover for Andrea Byrne, I think.
AS
AlexS
GMc posted:

I'd guess she's moving back to ITV Westcountry. She was only maternity cover for Andrea Byrne, I think.

Her pinned tweet from the start of December confirms that the plan was for her to return to Westcountry in early February so no reason to think that has changed.
BR
Brekkie
I guess she's had Maternity Cover Cover at ITV West then?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Noted in the Alastair Stewart thread, but I had no idea the Daily Mail had a 20% stake in ITN! You learn something new every day.

How long has this stake been in active?

Edit: since 1996 apparently.
BA
bilky asko
Noted in the Alastair Stewart thread, but I had no idea the Daily Mail had a 20% stake in ITN! You learn something new every day.

Indeed, here is an article from the time.
CA
Cando
Weirdly Nigel Dacre was once head of ITN at the same time that his infamous brother Paul Dacre was editor of the Daily Mail.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Indeed, here is an article from the time.

Interesting turnover and profit figures for ITN back in 1995. 17% profit isn’t bad at all.

I’d forgotten about the Dacre Brothers.

Newer posts