The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
Is it going to be in the uk on a linear channel, those titles are very nice and the graphics well done to bbc world news Very Happy
GI
ginnyfan
Maybe Angelina can fill in for Lucy Hockings on Fridays. Live with Lucy Hockings with Angelina Jolie sounds good. Cool She's gotta earn that salary! Wink
harshy, GMc and watchingtv gave kudos
TR
TheTravelcard
Maybe Angelina can fill in for Lucy Hockings on Fridays. Live with Lucy Hockings with Angelina Jolie sounds good. Cool She's gotta earn that salary! Wink

Who presents the Fridays for that slot now anyway? Stephen Sackur?
RK
Rkolsen
So I typically only listen to World News America but I noticed with them using an insert studio the background they’re using is way to busy. It’s one thing if it was animating on a monitor several feet behind the anchor or next to it. But either the insert studios chroma keyed or the anchor is sitting right against the monitor. I’d either slow down the animation or take a live feed of the White House or the US Capitol behind them.
JW
JamesWorldNews
BR
Brekkie
This is what pisses me off with the BBC - cutting the long form programming in order to provide content for commercial short form rivals.
CS
Crazy Steve
This is what pisses me off with the BBC - cutting the long form programming in order to provide content for commercial short form rivals.

What are you talking about now? You seem to think that some thing on air will be changed so that it fits the desires of a partner. It isn’t.

But, tv and radio stations do things to suit partners, and have done since the dawn of time. Using BBC World News here as an example, at 0200 on certain days, the intro at the top of the hour will include a line to welcome viewers to PBS. Does that offend you too?
NG
noggin Founding member

What commercially funded long-form programming has BBC World News cut to provide short-form for Quibi?

If the BBC makes a profit on the Quibi service that will bring more money back to the corporation's public service output which will help mitigate the funding-related cuts recently announced, surely?
JW
JamesWorldNews
I want.

MW
Mike W

https://soundcloud.com/tvm-television-music/bbc-world-breakfiller-vamp-1998

There's a short cut on that SoundCloud page
JF
JF World News
Appears to be a technical issue, BBC News Channel is on a looping TOTH
HB
HarryB
Yesterday Katty and Christian were live in Capitol Hill - so I assume some last minute issues with Beyond 100 days and no one in the studio as a standby

Newer posts