TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
AJ posted:
Looks like a lazy PowerPoint presentation.

Why do anything elaborate or fancy for a closedown slide?

I just feel like the text was quickly added in one of those PowerPoint boxes and put in Italics.
It's extremely lazy if I can easily decipher it Very Happy

Well what difference does it make anyway? The caption's only going to be up for a few hours. Why go to town on something like that?
FG
FraserGJ
Looks like a lazy PowerPoint presentation.

I don't think it was generated from the same source as the channel so there may not have been support for doing anything more than a static slide, I recorded the end and the picture glitched at the end of Teleshopping before the above caption faded up, as if the output was switched.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Looks like a perfectly fine graphic to me, in their house style (probably not dissimilar to their breakdown slide) and probably generated by a Pixel Power or RT or similar. Not sure what else anyone was expecting in the circumstances.
PF
PFML84
According to a post on DS, Sky had e-mailed a questionnaire to some customers, and one of the questions was along the lines of "Would you remain a Sky customer if History, National Geographic and Discovery were not on the platform?" and the survey contained logos for Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature and also Sky History, so seems they might be planning to launch a history channel as well. Hopefully this one doesn't have alien documentaries!
SH
Sh1ruba
According to a post on DS, Sky had e-mailed a questionnaire to some customers, and one of the questions was along the lines of "Would you remain a Sky customer if History, National Geographic and Discovery were not on the platform?" and the survey contained logos for Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature and also Sky History, so seems they might be planning to launch a history channel as well. Hopefully this one doesn't have alien documentaries!

Do you have pictures?
PF
PFML84
https://imgur.com/a/mZNKrGk

If you visit that link, someone has kindly screenshotted relevant sections of the survey with the logos and the details of the questions and statements Sky were asking/making, including "Sky History & Sky History 2 will replace History and H2".
Last edited by PFML84 on 28 January 2020 3:57pm
SH
Sh1ruba
https://imgur.com/a/mZNKrGk

If you visit that link, someone has kindly screenshotted relevant sections of the survey with the logos and the details of the questions Sky were asking, including "Sky History & Sky History 2 will replace History and H2".

They don't look that bad.
Looks like a new pattern for Sky's logo style so I could see it being used by all their channels in the coming months.
Plus it looks like Sky Witness will probably change the colours of their logo so it doesn't look the same as the Sky Documentaries one.
JF
JetixFann450
Does make me wonder though, are they actually planning to ditch their contracts with History, Nat Geo and Discovery or is this just a hypothetical survey that customers are currently taking?
PL
Plektrum
Assuming they are going to do this, Sky still have a stake in the History Channel - and according to that link the content appears similar so it seems like they’re could in theory be looking at rebranding that existing channel (which makes me wonder whether Hearst/a&e would still be involved with it or not?).
JA
JAS84
That also makes me wonder if Blaze will also end up rebranded. It's trailers, when not for itself, are almost always for History, and a bunch of it's shows are previously aired on History. So if History is no longer linked to A&E, Blaze must be in danger as well.
ZE
zeebre12
So what happens to History and History 2 then?
ET
ethanh05
So what happens to History and History 2 then?

There's a History 2?

Newer posts