TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TC
TCOTV
Sky Comedy is now on the website TV guide. Stars at Midday. HD logo to.

https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/
NW
nwtv2003
what posted:
When is Sky Comedy launching then?

The preview loop has been in place since about 10:30am. All traces of Universal TV have now been removed.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
what posted:

The preview loop has been in place since about 10:30am. All traces of Universal TV have now been removed.

Preview loop was there at 8:30
NW
nwtv2003
what posted:

Odd, Universal TV HD was still on the SkyQ EPG until about 10:30, showing the ceased broadcasting caption.
SH
Sh1ruba
Just almost 5 minutes to Sky Comedy!
KU
Kunst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDmacp2K5c

Great idents it seems, even if I find the use of an American voiceover for the channel cringy
SH
Sh1ruba
Kunst posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDmacp2K5c

Great idents it seems, even if I find the use of an American voiceover for the channel cringy

I like the fair idea for an ident!
Looks really nice and light-hearted!
MI
TheMike

Odd, Universal TV HD was still on the SkyQ EPG until about 10:30, showing the ceased broadcasting caption.

It wasn't a straight switch between Universal TV and Sky Comedy, i.e. Sky Comedy isn't using the same transponder, so Sky had to 'redirect' channel 113 to point to Sky Comedy's transponder. It seems from comments that this switch took place at different times on the different incarnations of Sky's EPG.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

It wasn't a straight switch between Universal TV and Sky Comedy, i.e. Sky Comedy isn't using the same transponder, so Sky had to 'redirect' channel 113 to point to Sky Comedy's transponder. It seems from comments that this switch took place at different times on the different incarnations of Sky's EPG.

I'm on Virgin Media
ST
Stuart
Sky Comedy+1 hasn't appeared yet at 213 on the EPG.
AJ
AJ
Sky Comedy+1 hasn't appeared yet at 213 on the EPG.

Not sure there will be a +1 for it.
MI
TheMike

I'm on Virgin Media

That will explain the difference between you and nwtv2003. Virgin were quicker at switching feeds !

Newer posts