The Newsroom

Anglia/East of England News Discussion

ITV News Anglia and Look East (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WA
watchingtv
Leigh Milner was on a Green challenge for the week.
MW
Mike W
Siggy posted:
First for BBC News last night... Look East (East) had Leigh Milner present the late bulletin from her house!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeighMilnerTV/status/1220847625878020101

Why?

Something to do with a Green challenge.

Steve the camera man who lives down the road...

Bit of a mad decision because clearly the technical team (which is probably about 2/3 people) are still in Norwich...
MI
m_in_m
Siggy posted:
First for BBC News last night... Look East (East) had Leigh Milner present the late bulletin from her house!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeighMilnerTV/status/1220847625878020101

Why?

Something to do with a Green challenge.

Steve the camera man who lives down the road...

Bit of a mad decision because clearly the technical team (which is probably about 2/3 people) are still in Norwich...

I think the main aim was to reduce Leigh's carbon footprint. If the rest of the team are based much closer to Norwich than Leigh (in Essex) then they achieved the aim.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I believe all of the regions had a green themed feature. Earlier in the week, BBC London had Tarah Welsh reporting from her kitchen using Skype.
RD
RDJ

Tributes to Nicholas Parsons on tonights ITV News Anglia. However it looks like there's some kind of set up in Studio A with a second generic desk situated in it. Is that for use as a back up studio I'm guessing?
DO
dosxuk
Studio A was split in two to provide the separate news studios for the East / West split when news moved back to Anglia House a long while ago now. When they then switched to only having one live programme, the other half of the studio basically became unused, never being fitted with the current set, but has been seen over the years with various temporary set ups for specific segments or specials.
LL
Friday's Look East (East) late bulletin with Leigh Milner from her living room.

Markymark, watchingtv and Anglialad gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Friday's Look East (East) late bulletin with Leigh Milner from her living room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEbnllfH5Os

It's sort of NTV meets Through The Keyhole meets Love It or List It. Nicely lit !
LL
It appeared to be one camera as well. First on a tripod, then the cameraman took it off to film the links in the kitchen and the walkthrough.

Leigh also did News Nationwide on Friday afternoon on the NC and the PQ was terrible, which makes me think they did it on her home broadband. However it's not that noticeable on the late bulletin which is SD anyway.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Was it LIVE?
LL
Was it LIVE?

Yes.
SI
Siggy
Regarding Leigh it’s nice they’re starting to use reporters to present more... just a shame they can’t get on to the main programme! I get the impression they hold their talent back and don’t give them opportunities.

The main programme has become quite stuffy and predictable of late (the top story usually NHS related) and it’s even more boring on nights with a solo presenter.

Yes the Stewart/Susie combo is nice and Amelia too but what’s the score with David Whiteley? He’s not a reporter and the only other thing he does is inside out - comes across quite arrogant on screen too.

Yes the BBC are strapped for cash... but aren’t ITV too? And have been for a lot longer! Yet they seem to make the use of their full team and give everyone an opportunity to present.

Newer posts