« Topics
Ben Shatliff1,143 posts since 30 Aug 2003
Granada North West Today
Has Granada Reports changed their TV screens in the studio? I only ask because the sports reporter always stands up next to the screen, but tonight he was sitting down and I thought the screen looked different.

It looks like they do have different screens.

I have been working later this week but had a look at last night’s this morning.
‪I'm staying at home to protect the NHS and save lives. #StayHomeSaveLives‬
DJ Dave gave kudos
Spencer (previously Spencer For Hire) 6,154 posts since 13 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Am I right in thinking Tony Morris has not presented Granada Reports since December?

I do hope all is ok.

Ben Shatliff gave kudos
Ben Shatliff1,143 posts since 30 Aug 2003
Granada North West Today
Am I right in thinking Tony Morris has not presented Granada Reports since December?

I do hope all is ok.

Thank You 👍
‪I'm staying at home to protect the NHS and save lives. #StayHomeSaveLives‬
Spencer gave kudos
all new Phil3,753 posts since 12 Feb 2005
Granada North West Today
Having recently moved from the Granada region to the Yorkshire region, I probably appreciate more than most just how awful the standard ITV regional news sets look with their awkward-looking backgrounds. Even Granada’s newsroom-view setup looks great so it’s not just the big windows that make it.
I love lamp
DJ Dave, London Lite and LondonViewer gave kudos
LondonViewer112 posts since 12 Oct 2015
London London
Having recently moved from the Granada region to the Yorkshire region, I probably appreciate more than most just how awful the standard ITV regional news sets look with their awkward-looking backgrounds. Even Granada’s newsroom-view setup looks great so it’s not just the big windows that make it.

Yes, they’re not using the windows at the moment, but still looked so much better than standard regional set & London.
The shot today was the newsreader sat at the desk with background (lit) gallery to the left and screen to the right. Looked very good.
DJ Dave and all new Phil gave kudos
Brekkie34,868 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Banned for 1 week
HTV Wales Wales Today

Yes, they’re not using the windows at the moment, but still looked so much better than standard regional set & London.
The shot today was the newsreader sat at the desk with background (lit) gallery to the left and screen to the right. Looked very good.

They're using that shot too now for the main programme whilst it is single anchored.

Such a great flexible space though with 3 backdrop options (+ a green screen if they want) and a real shame when it was rolled out nationwide they didn't try to work more with what they had rather than went completely generic.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
LondonViewer gave kudos