TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer

Split from ITV Programming Thread (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BM
BM11
I'm saying that ITV are more concerned with the ratings for the show. Ratings=profits.

Of course - and particularly the demographics of the ratings.
NL
Ne1L C
Concerned with what people think.
BM
BM11
I'm saying that ITV are more concerned with the ratings for the show. Ratings=profits.

Yeah but I think "as opposed to what?" is what we're wondering.

I imagine an couple more people targeted at the over 50's to know would be more enjoyable for some viewers over 50 but less attractive for some under 50's.
Last edited by BM11 on 24 January 2020 1:04pm
DO
dosxuk
Concerned with what people think.

If people (the group) don't like it, it will be reflected in the ratings. If people (individual) don't like it, then what does it matter?

Remember ITVs purpose is not to make great TV, it's to maximise the profit it returns to it's shareholders, and the main form of income is advertising and programme sales, all of which are derived from the ratings that programmes get.
JA
james-2001
Not again

CA
Cando
Stop feeding the troll
Charlesy, Brekkie and tightrope78 gave kudos
BM
BM11
Cando posted:
Stop feeding the troll

I hope ITV don't have that attitude towards viewer concerns.
JA
james-2001
You're the only "viewer" who's concerned.
BM
BM11
Not again

I find it interesting that you correctly think reality stars would put off viewers but other categories of celebrities can also be unattractive for parts of the audience.
BM
BM11
You're the only "viewer" who's concerned.

Ive seen several other people puzzled by the identity of people suggested as behind the mask.
DO
dosxuk
In your own words, the programme is established and the audience isn't being put off!
BM
BM11
In your own words, the programme is established and the audience isn't being put off!

That's my prediction - I could of course get that wrong as well - I am thinking many will be like my parents = threatening to not watch when faced with people they don't know from Adam but unable to switch off due to the addictive nature.

Newer posts