TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Rob Francis: you’ll never be forgiven for creating this Susanna-drama all over the place!! First Twitter, then Daily Mail and now it’s fallen into the hands of Piers.

Utterly outrageous.

And Nicholas Witchell actually IS still standing at Parliament Square 20 years later......
JO
Jonwo
I imagine a lot of TV presenters must look at their past styles both hair and clothing and think ‘What was I thinking?’
BM
BM11
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a30641229/good-morning-britain-piers-morgan-chinese-ofcom-complaints/
LS
Lou Scannon
BM11 posted:
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a30641229/good-morning-britain-piers-morgan-chinese-ofcom-complaints/

Please please PLEASE let this *finally* be the tipping point which will serve as the "Barrymore's swimming pool" moment of this dreadful man's television career.
JA
james-2001
Piers is as teflon as our prime minister. Both seem to be able to say and do whatever they want and every gaffe just increases their popularity.
WA
watchingtv
Ben & Kate 20years

DV
DVB Cornwall
There's actually a reasonable argument for keeping PM 'under control' on GMB which despite what he says and does, does restrain his invective and comments to a significant element. If he was free of the constraint I dread to think what he might have said in the run up to and post 2016.
SP
Spencer
Piers is as teflon as our prime minister. Both seem to be able to say and do whatever they want and every gaffe just increases their popularity.

There’s always a tipping point, especially once people think they’re untouchable. Both have lost their jobs through errors of judgement in the past, and thinking they can get away with things, and I’m sure there’s every chance they both will again.
james-2001 and tweedledum gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
Interesting to see some of the footage of the GMB 1 million minutes awards that took place yesterday. They cleverly used the studio space removing the credenza and desk to place a stage with audience seating in front.

Where would they move the current set pieces as we’re aware that they don’t have much set storage, unless for yesterday it was placed into the This Morning set. Which makes me question, even though they’re in the same physical studio at TVC will the different programme producers & editors have to request permission from the other programme to use their set for storage?
:-(
A former member
BM11 posted:

Please please PLEASE let this *finally* be the tipping point which will serve as the "Barrymore's swimming pool" moment of this dreadful man's television career.

If Ofcom give them a slap on the wrist, it'd be more than I would expect them to do. Can't see much happening on this.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Seemed to be a sustaining issue with the flipper this morning.

Until coming out of a break at 7:20, the flipper only stayed on the date from the start of the show, it then flipped through the usual ITV News and ITV Weather sections once, before flipping to the Contact Us section, it was from this point that the contact details were on an infinite loop flipping to show the same details over and over.

The only breaks were with the 'Headlines Every 15 Minutes', which ran as usual at 7:30, returning to the contact loop afterwards, the later headline sections at 7:45 and 8:00 had a similar error, with the first story being duplicated 3 or 4 times before once again returning to the contact details.

It wasn't until 8:22 that they removed flipper, along with the logo and clock, so that they could reset the animation and just show the date instead.
KA
Karl072
That new music going into the adbreak is delicious. Long too. Love it

Newer posts