The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
Speaking of BFM's local channels. here's a long, recent clip of BFM Paris (You can go to 49:25 for the 7 a.m. top-of-the-hour sequence):

Last edited by WW Update on 23 January 2020 5:05pm
LL
London Lite Founding member
Also from BFM Paris, they had a graphics refresh on Wednesday, complete with a new logo for Bonjour Paris. Here's the 8.30-9.30 hour from the channel, complete with commercials and break bumpers.

WW
WW Update
Thanks for that! I preferred the old graphics -- although all BFM channels have (and have always had) relatively mediocre graphics by otherwise high French standards.
Last edited by WW Update on 23 January 2020 8:39pm
TheTravelcard and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
LL
Thanks for that! I preferred the old graphics -- although all BFM channels have (and have always had) relatively mediocre graphics by the otherwise high French standards.

Safe to say I prefered the old graphics in use until Tuesday. Like BFMTV, these take up too much of the screen and they're able to add animated junk to promote other shows as well. The live output is still decent regardless.

I suspect Paris and Lyon have already had the refresh so that Grand Lille and Grand Littoral can launch with the same graphics set in February, otherwise it'd been strange if they also launched with the old set as well.
WW
WW Update
I wonder if BFM has any plans to expand its local news operations to other French-speaking countries. BX1 in Brussels looks like a perfect candidate for a BFM makeover.
LL
I wonder if BFM has any plans to expand its local news operations to other French-speaking countries. BX1 in Brussels looks like a perfect candidate for a BFM makeover.

I think it helps that in France, BFM is already an established brand through their national news channel. While I think BFMTV has an audience in Belgium and Switzerland, I suspect it's niche considering the domestic editorial agenda.

In Belgium, if anyone could pull it off, it'd be RTL who are long established in both Wallonia and Flanders.
TheTravelcard, Quatorzine Neko and WW Update gave kudos
WW
WW Update
NBN, northern New South Wales, Australia, 2013:

A historical compilation of news intros from TV3 / Three in new Zealand since the station's founding in 1989:

BR
Brekkie
A pre-launch promo for BFM's two new local news channels, BFM Grand Littoral and BFM Grand Lille, which are scheduled to debut on February 3. The promo includes greetings from the teams at BFM Paris and BFM Lyon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD40CQNwwvM

Interesting - and we're still stuck with That's TV! Sky News have been making mumorings about local news again and with NBC's backing I do wonder if they might take the gamble - for it to work it needs an established broadcaster behind it, and quite often big success stories come out of buying out absolute failures.
LL
A pre-launch promo for BFM's two new local news channels, BFM Grand Littoral and BFM Grand Lille, which are scheduled to debut on February 3. The promo includes greetings from the teams at BFM Paris and BFM Lyon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD40CQNwwvM

Interesting - and we're still stuck with That's TV! Sky News have been making mumorings about local news again and with NBC's backing I do wonder if they might take the gamble - for it to work it needs an established broadcaster behind it, and quite often big success stories come out of buying out absolute failures.

If so, this is where Daniel Cass gets his payday if Sky/Comcast acquire That's TV to provide a local news service with a national spine.

I'm not sure if 24/7 rolling news even semi-automated would work on some of the smaller sites in the local tv portfolio, but I'd like to see them give it a go with Manchester and the pan local Scotland channel for starters.

London would be ideal for a BFM Paris style format provided by Sky, although I think to keep bums on seats, a simulcast of the main Sky News channel would be viable for outside breakfast and early evening.
WW
WW Update
From BTQ7 in Brisbane, Australia, the last edition of Seven News with legendary anchor Kay McGrath -- the tribute, with plenty of historical footage, starts just after the 33-minute mark:

RetFore2, fox1 and watchingtv gave kudos
VI
Viakenny
On New Year's Day, Portugal's RTP1 extended the orchestral version of the Telejornal theme to all their newscasts (which also had their graphics refreshed, based on the Telejornal 60th anniversary graphics):

Bom Dia Portugal (morning):

Jornal da Tarde (midday):

Telejornal (evening):
Quatorzine Neko and WW Update gave kudos
FO
fox1
I enjoyed Kay’s anchoring style. Wish her all the best!

Newer posts