The Newsroom

2020 Irish Election Thread

(January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
It will be more than likely be from Studio 4 with a rejigged version of the Prime Time set with two presentations areas for Bryan Dobson and Miriam O’Callaghan. A third presentation area will be likely from within the RTÉ newsroom or from the election RTÉ staff centre which I think is based in stage 1 at the studio complex. This is usually the presentation area for David McCullagh. This has been the presentation setup for the last general election
I cannot seem them using studio 3 for GE 2020 unless they are planning to transfer one of the presentations area a la Miriam O’Callaghan presenting from The RDS count centre with Bryan Dobson coming from studio 3. We’ll know in 3 weeks 😃

Isn't Studio 1 used for Winning Streak each week, I wonder how will they manage that if they need Studio 1 for their election centre?
PO
polo23
Correction, I should say either stage A or B for the staff election centre.
JK
JKDerry
Correction, I should say either stage A or B for the staff election centre.

One of the two sound stages, okay that makes sense.
TV
TVLand
Virgin Media Television has announced that the first debate of the General Election campaign will take place on Wednesday night at 9:30pm. This debate is a head-to-head between Fine Gael leader and current Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar and Fianna Fáil leader, Micheal Martin. It will be aired on Virgin Media One and moderated by Pat Kenny with a Tonight Show special afterwards.

Lots of criticism over this debate and Sinn Féin not being included with Sinn Féin’s head of elections complaining to Virgin Media Television saying that they are “presenting to the Irish electorate that there is only a choice between Varadkar and Martin”.

Virgin Media Television have also announced a seven-way debate moderated by Ivan Yates and Matt Cooper for next Thursday. All party leaders have been invited.

LL
London Lite Founding member
VM News at 5.30 opener from Sunday.

MO
Mouseboy33
To me that VM News opener look like a free stock animation open you can purchase online.
DB
dbl
To me that VM News opener look like a free stock animation open you can purchase online.

Agreed, tacky.
LL
London Lite Founding member
That's TV springs to mind.
TV
TVLand
The set for tonight’s debate

The Tonight Show on air now with a “pre-match analysis” as they’re calling it before the debate at 9:30pm.
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ One have a Special Edition of TWIP covering the election at 11:20pm tonight.

Some changes have been made to RTÉ One's schedule to cater for it.

9:35pm Operation Transformation
10:35pm Ms Brown's Boys Live
11:20pm The Week in Politics
BK
bkman1990
Fran McNulty & Vincent Kearney are in VM Studios in Dublin for the debate.

TT
TTRWE
VM News at 5.30 opener from Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4IS37MsTLc

Is it me or does that music sound out of tune?

Newer posts