TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
robertclark125
And perhaps Sky decided they didn't want WWE anymore, and BT Sport picked it up. Not BT's fault.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Doesn't it cost a fraction of the price to subscribe to the WWE Network and that includes PPV events? Doesn't seem wise to subscribe to BT specifically for WWE coverage.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Doesn't it cost a fraction of the price to subscribe to the WWE Network and that includes PPV events? Doesn't seem wise to subscribe to BT specifically for WWE coverage.

It includes the PPV events, but RaW and SmackDown are on a one month delay.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BT Sport's partial sublicence from Premier Sports of NHL content confirmed.

HA
harshy Founding member
Some people don't like change do they?

I dare say some people still lament the demise of the Batwings. And 405 line TV. And Black & White TV...

Bring back the chevron I say Laughing
ST
Ste Founding member
Some criticism of BT Sport tonight for having a "David Luiz Cam" on screen for the last 4 minutes of the Chelsea v Arsenal match.

Luiz had been sent off earlier in the game and joined Arsenal from Chelsea in the summer.

GE
thegeek Founding member
Ste posted:
Some criticism of BT Sport tonight for having a "David Luiz Cam" on screen for the last 4 minutes of the Chelsea v Arsenal match.

Luiz had been sent off earlier in the game and joined Arsenal from Chelsea in the summer.

I quite like that if you zoom right in, you can see the PiP box on his monitor too
Anglialad, TIGHazard and bilky asko gave kudos
TI
TIGHazard
Ste posted:

Shamefully stealing this idea from the NFL final day of the regular season but seeing a live reaction to teams going through on the Euros/World Cup last 16 could be interesting.

Using Euro 2016 as an example, you'd get a live reaction from the Polish team in the last 10 minutes of the Croatia/Portugal match.

Would probably have to be a red button option though.
SW
Steve Williams
Ste posted:

I remember back in 1999, when Man U played Inter in the Champions League, the match coverage from the host broadcasters in Italian TV followed an injured Diego Simeone off the pitch, down the corridors and into a waiting ambulance, all while the match was still going on.
GE
thegeek Founding member
They're not branding today's match as part of the All Dayer. It does see a return of Premier League Tonight for the first time this season; there's another episode later this month.

For those people who keep track of these things, the episode at the start of the month used the same titles as last season (with the new BT Sport logo added). Last night's episode had new titles, based on the Early Kick Off brand. I think there's at least one more episode planned this season.

The EKO show itself has been chopped in half - the first hour from the studio with Robbie Savage and Jules Breach has been dropped, so it's now all from the OB.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Rather odd tonight

Northampton S - London Irish Rugby seems to be being simulcast on 2HD and X2HD for no explicable reason as far as I can see. Is there any explanation that I've obviously missed?
JO
Jon
Not sure if was mentioned but seems BT are now showing both FA Cup games tonight.

Newer posts