« Topics
Rolling News1,019 posts since 27 Dec 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
Just a shame she forgot to take her helmet off.

Short cropped hair seemed to be in fashion back then. A lot of female TV personalities right across all channels, all genres seemed to sport it. Fiona Phillips, who was main ITV Breakfast face at the time, had her hair like it in 2000. As did Penny Smith.

Here's Mrs Reid a few years later in 2003 looking a bit more 'familiar':...

watchingtv gave kudos
Bail3,754 posts since 30 Mar 2001 Moderator
Meridian (South) South Today
Just a shame she forgot to take her helmet off.

Short cropped hair seemed to be in fashion back then. A lot of female TV personalities right across all channels, all genres seemed to sport it. Fiona Phillips, who was main ITV Breakfast face at the time, had her hair like it in 2000. As did Penny Smith.

Here's Mrs Reid a few years later in 2003 looking a bit more 'familiar':...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNi0gKKUNgo

I miss that era so much, warm and red with the lovely "real" newsroom and in camera depth of field rather than a screen mimicking it. Not to mention that gorgeous headline bed!
Bail.
JamesWorldNews gave kudos
JamesWorldNews8,659 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News
That is indeed a gorgeous bed!

Edit: Hang on! Is that N9 or N8 Susanna’s presenting from in the News 24 intro, above?

Looks like N9 to me which begs the question, why would News 24 be in N9 at midday?

And I’m pleased I managed to get through this post without mentioning Piers Morgan even once.

Oh f*%¥ing hell!!

Good Morning to all Ranvir fans out there. Level-headed Wednesday is upon us.
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 22 January 2020 6:50am
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD
welshkid gave kudos
harshy6,374 posts since 24 Mar 2001
What’s on the plasmas is a giveaway too as BBC World used a different BBC News slide which was on probably all the time it burnt through on the screen to the left.
dosxuk4,395 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
What’s on the plasmas is a giveaway too as BBC World used a different BBC News slide which was on probably all the time it burnt through on the screen to the left.

It takes surprisingly little time to burn in an image on a plasma screen, once managed it in about 4 hours with a particularly high contrast logo. It's not like you needed to have the same image there constantly for weeks.
Rolling News1,019 posts since 27 Dec 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
That is indeed a gorgeous bed!

Edit: Hang on! Is that N9 or N8 Susanna’s presenting from in the News 24 intro, above?

Looks like N9 to me which begs the question, why would News 24 be in N9 at midday?

And I’m pleased I managed to get through this post without mentioning Piers Morgan even once.

Oh f*%¥ing hell!!

Good Morning to all Ranvir fans out there. Level-headed Wednesday is upon us.

Yes, I seem to have derailed the thread slightly from talking about Piers to talking about the BBC News Channel?

Hopefully Piers doesn't follow this or i can expect on air rollicking over the next few days at some point. 🙊
JamesWorldNews gave kudos