TV Home Forum

Crackerjack 2020 Revival

It's Friday, it's 6 o'clock... (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Just a reminder that this starts tonight at 6...

Looks pretty decent as revivals go, although the kids in the audience look as if they haven't had enough E numbers for my liking. They need to ramp it up a bit!
Last edited by Whataday on 17 January 2020 4:26pm
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
WH
Whataday Founding member
I think it's pretty unlikely a show with that sort of budget would be thrown away at 4:55 these days.

Also 6pm is a better time for grown ups that will want to join in for the nostalgia feels.
SW
Steve Williams
It was at 5.15 by the end anyway - https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/schedules/bbcone/london/1984-10-26#at-17.15

And for the first ten years it wasn't even on Fridays, but shuffled around in midweek.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The amount of pure love that seems to have gone into this production is an absolute joy.
SJ
sjames
Seeing this being revived, does anyone remember The Friday Zone which was on CBBC around 1997 which was kind of like a successor to Crackerjack although focussed mainly on sketches?
WH
Whataday Founding member
I have a vague memory of them doing Double or Drop on the Friday edition of Blue Peter.
WH
Whataday Founding member
What a great first show. Couldn't fault any of it, and a lovely touch bringing back former hosts to join in the fun.

The titles were great too.

They could have just shortened them or replaced the theme altogether with something generic, but they really pulled out the stops. Nice to see the credits play out in full too rather then squeezed.

I found it an absolute joy from start to finish. This is how you bring back a classic show.
JO
Josh
What a great first show. Couldn't fault any of it, and a lovely touch bringing back former hosts to join in the fun.

The titles were great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxRETEJ4g9E

They could have just shortened them or replaced the theme altogether with something generic, but they really pulled out the stops. Nice to see the credits play out in full too rather then squeezed.

I found it an absolute joy from start to finish. This is how you bring back a classic show.

Live continuity stops at 6pm, so they would have had no credit squeeze regardless of the programme.

I like the title sequence butI haven't had a chance to watch the full programme as of yet. I wonder if they'll swap out the SCD bit for other stars on an episodical basis?
BR
Brekkie
A show I'm both too old and too young for. Refreshing nowadays to see a revival of a show I wasn't actually around for last time around.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I wasn't around for it first time but have always admired it when I've seen it on various nostalgia shows. I think I first saw it on the Gaby Roslin fronted TV's Greatest Hits (which was a pretty good, if long forgotten programme).
BR
Brekkie
Yes, obviously familar with the name and the cabbage game but actually had never heard the theme tune.

Newer posts